mount issue?

NRTeggy

So today i installed both fronts and when i lowered the car the strut thing went like through the mount and i could not close to hood. i could tell seomthing was wrong with the mount. bushings most likly in the mount?

NRTeggy

The bolt that hold onto the shock will just go stait through. like another 6 inchs. In the picture the car is lifted so there is not pressure on the spring. when pressure it just blows through the mount its almost like the top and bottom bushings get seportated and dont support it anymore

Last edited:

NRTeggy

Should i use the extended ebay top hats instead of buying new bushings? they came with 2 bushings n a bump stop.

NRTeggy

There's a metal cylinder that goes on the shock that keeps it from doing that

Believe these should help. Stole these off a buddy because what was originally on the car was just a washer and was bent. prob why i just threw it to the side lol.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
yeah thats it i think. I forget what it actually looks like.

Nick_C78

I would also like to add that you have the top washer upside down. It is suppose to be bowl side up. And yes, you are missing the larger washers underneath and possibly the metal sleeve. Essentially a stop washer is used and the nut sandwiches the tophat.