Mounting depth for all around speakers? ('95 acura integra ls)

Evidence Files

1995 α¢υяα ιηтєgяα ℓѕ
I need to know the mounting depth of the rear and front speakers before i buy any of them, i know the size of the speakers all around the car are 6 1/2 or 6.5 same thing i think?

Not all 6 1/2 speakers will fit that mounting hole, any help would be appreciated.

Maybe a car audio online webiste that can tell you if it fits or not, but not all website have the brand of speakers i want so i can't tell if it fits or not.

dlo253

Crutchfield or sonicelectronix, should have damn near every speaker. With size specs. What speakers are you looking at?

And yes hahaha 6 1/2 and 6.5 is the same thing..... decimals and fractions......?

bkirshr

User that is Registered
I know a lot of people have just cut the back side of the mounting cup off so it will fit all the way in.

Evidence Files

1995 α¢υяα ιηтєgяα ℓѕ
•New Pyle PLG64 6.5" 600 Watt Car Subwoofers

mounting depth 2.84"

if i knew the depth of the cup i could tell if these fit or others, and crutchfield only have certain brands..

dlo253

You should be fine. If not make some spacers and make em work. Won't be too hard at all.

Evidence Files

1995 α¢υяα ιηтєgяα ℓѕ
Just went to my car and tried and took off one of the speakers, the previous owner had installed kickers lol, the hole depth is pretty big, it has no custom work on it just the plastic bracket.

*Update* Innovation's website looks the same as sonicelectronix, i know Innovation is legit has anyone bought from sonicelectronix before?

Last edited:

dlo253

Lots of people go thru sonicelectronix. Usually get their warranty rather than the manufacturers tho in most cases. Usually the same tho.

bkirshr

User that is Registered
i love sonicelectronix. I have gotten several things from them. VERY fast with shipping items (unless they are on backorder)