Muckman’s High Compression Super Build

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
What's the price range on that exhaust header?

It must flow with excellence compared to log, and equal length ram horns.

How much invested into your current build so far?

dopematic

Hey I was looking over your picture from page 1 where you have the oil feed to the turbo tapped from the front of the head. I was just wondering are you still running that set up? And is there enough oil pressure for the turbo?

I heard that port off the head only gets about 7psi and only opens up once vtec engages?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Negative. What you're looking at is the coolant feed.

Here is the coolant feed for turbo. I drilled and tapped the old bleeder valve on the water neck. Older Integra's have a bleeder valve but newer Integra did not have a bleeder valve but the hole was partially drilled.

Here is the coolant return for the turbo. This fitting comes with the Edelbrock intake manifold. The fitting itself was tapped for 1/8 NPT but I drilled it out to M12 and put a larger -6AN fitting on it.

Here is an overview of the finished plumbing. The coolant feed line wraps around to the other side of the CHRA. You can see the smaller oil feed line going towards the back of the head.

Different angle from the side.

Different angle from the front. Here you can see the oil service port still intact on the head.

I get my oil feed from a GE oil filter sandwich like almost everyone does. I use a -4 AN line with a .035" restrictor on the CHRA.

dopematic

I see!! Thanks for the info!!! :thumbs up

I thought that it was the hole on the head from the original pic but can see it's on the water neck now.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Update: I finally got my back ordered Manley Turbo Tuff rods! Part number is 14412R6-4. The R6 means the ARP 625+ rod bolt upgrade with 260,000psi tensile strength.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Those are some serious rods. What kind of compression are you going to run now?

Muckman

Not a M0derator
I kept the same piston profile as last year but with a smaller bore. 83.9mm vs 84.9mm but the dome volume is the same at +8.25cc. However the new block at full deck height will give me a lot more piston to head clearance while also lowering compression. Both aspects I'm fine with.

I estimate the final compression of this engine will be 12.72:1

d@_b3st

wow!!! just went thru the whole thing and got to say this is one serious build right from the beginning, it sucks about the rod opening up a window thru the block but got to say your persistence is admirable and definitely enjoyable. Needles to say I'm sub'd to see whats in store for her this year!!! good luck Mr. muck!!! :D

Nick_C78

That p2d height looks way more forgiving. That is also still plenty of compression to help with your pre-spool low end. Should be nice to see your curve with full boost.