My 00 Integra

Brazil Integra

Acura<33
Introduction
So this is the 2000 Acura Integra that was given to me as my first car by my dad. My dad is a mechanic and easily gets cars through his connections at work. He had originally brought this car home as a project for him to work on in his spare time. The day he brought it home, he showed it to me and jokingly said, “Look it’s your car I got you.” To his surprise, I liked and wanted it. To my surprise, it had a manual transmission. At that point I had only had my learner’s permit for driving. So it worked out because while my father was teaching me how to drive, he was also teaching me how to drive stick-shift. After about a month, I had it down pretty well. Needless to say, most of they boys in my family were jealous.

I will update this thread as nessesary. You can also check my progress by visiting my Integra’s home page: www.IntegraTypeR.Webs.com

Modification 1: The Wing
When the car was originally given to me, it had a spoiler on it that I wasn’t to happy with. I think it’s an OEM spoiler, but I may be wrong. When I was driving one day I saw another Integra with a smaller wing on it so I asked my dad if he could get it for me. Coincidentally his bosses’ son also has an Integra, and was willing to trade spoilers with me. So I swapped mine for his, had it painted red, and installed it.

Modification 2: HID Headlights
I always see cars with blue headlights and I’ve always wanted them on my car. So my brother (being the awesome brother that he is) got them for me. I believe they are 9000K bulbs. They appear to be crystal blue/whiteish. I like them, but I almost want the ones that are bluer. However, I may just stick with the ones I have in now, because I’ve been warned that if I go any bluer I may attract police attention. I was surprised of how easy they were to put in. All I had to do was connect them to the stock low-beam wire harness. I guess what surprised me the most is that I didn’t have to ground anything. I eventually would like to get HID high-beam bulbs and fog lights with 12000K HID bulbs.

Modification 3: Head Unit
My friend’s brother was selling a head unit with a fold-out 7” LCD touch-screen. I had to have it. It only cost me $50. It’s made by Pyle. I was told that it wasn’t the best brand, but still was of decent quality. For $50 bucks though, I think it was a good buy. There was no way that I was installing it myself. My daddy did it for me. Once it was in and running, I found it to have met my expectations. It has an AUX input (the main reason why I wanted an aftermarket head unit), CD player, DVD player, USB input, SD card slot, radio, and navigation capabilities. Maybe I’ll do a separate thread with a full review on it.

Link to head unit / screen (closest match):
http://www.pyleaudio.com/sku/PLTS76DU/7-Touch-Screen-Motorized-Detachable-TFTLCD-Monitor-With-DVDCDMP3AMFM-Receiver

Modification 4: Tail Lights
I don’t really have a problem with the OEM Integra tail lights, but I got aftermarket ones just to be different. I really like the black ones that I got. When I was looking at them online, I saw chrome ones which I didn’t particularly like. Guess what? I installed the tail lights all by myself! I know some people are against aftermarket tail lights, but I really like them. I also have another set of aftermarket tail lights that my dad got from a scrap yard. I have an Idea for them that I’ll post later on.

Link to tail lights:
http://www.andysautosport.com/acura/1994_2001_integra/lights/tail_lights/spyder_auto/spyd00109435.html

Modification 5: Black OEM Rims
When I received the car it had aftermarket rims on it, but they were in horrible condition. My brother’s friend had OEM rims left over from an Integra he had. So he gave them to me, and I decided to paint them. When I was thinking of which color to paint the wheels, I wanted them to be black, gold, white, or matching red. I decided on black. The thing I liked about these rims was that they didn’t look plain like most OEM rims do. First my dad taught me how to sand them down. I sanded them using something which I think is called a “Dremel” sander. After that I polished and cleaned them. Next I used tape to block off the tires. After that I put a coat of primer on the wheels. I’m not really sure what the purpose of the primer was but my dad said I should do it. After they dried, I then applied glossy black paint. After that, I used a coat of clear-coat. I used a paint gun to do all of the painting.

Link to the Dremel tool I used:
http://www.dremel.com/enus/Tools/Pages/CategoryProducts.aspx?catid=94

Modification 6: Antenna
I had noticed that my antenna wasn’t going up or down when I turned the car on or off (I think it’s supposed to go up or down, isn’t it?). My guess is that the motor for the antenna was busted. I decided that I wanted a smaller antenna anyway. So my dad removed the factory antenna and motor mechanism from the car and replaced it with a smaller black antenna. I didn’t really notice a difference in radio reception.

Modification 7: Sunroof Deflector / Visor
This is a small adjustment I made, and almost not worth mentioning. But I decided to throw it in anyway. For whatever reason I decided to add a sunroof visor. It was easy to install and I like the look of it.

Link to sunroof visor:
http://www.andysautosport.com/acura/1994_2001_integra/exterior/deflectors/sunroof_deflectors/genuine_acura/

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Lower it, lose the fake type r badge and sorry, the tails just don't look good.... Looks clean otherwise. I'd try swapping the head-unit and the tray around

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
Welcome to the site! Not quite my taste in style, but the paint looks like it's in good condition.

For the HIDs, I'd stick with 4300-6000K. Visibility must suck with 9000K. lol =X

jrhdominos

Very nice, and obviously you got a good deal..check around the site, lots of good ideas, nice looking tegs...figure out what style you want to go for and carry on...I would definately take into consideration losing the tails, and throwing the stock ones back on there, nobody really made any nice aftermarket tails for those cars. The type R badge is iffy...if you do in fact have a B18c5 in your car, then maybe you can get away with it lol...otherwise a clean car and youre off to an excellent start.

TheSkygun

For sure lower it, the type r badge might gain the attention of a theif if they can't tell that it's not an r by the sing alone. Other then that it looks good. How's the flip up touch screen work for you. Only person I know who got one broke it when they hit a bump in the road and pushed to harx

Brazil Integra

Acura<33
Thank you to all who welcomed me.

9000K visibility isn't too bad, but it could be better.

The flip-up screen is awsome but may need some adjustment as far as its positioning.

I'm new to integras, so i'm not too sure what "type-r" is, but i'm geusing it's a type of integra.
As far as the badges go, I did not put them on there, they were on there before the car was given to me.

Last edited:

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
What trim is your car? Willing to get its an ls, which is a non vtec base model engine. Gsr's have the b18c1, which has vtec and type r's have b18c5 which is rarest and most powerful. I can tell you now that your car is not a type r sadly. Look at the vin and the engine itself. Does it say vtec? If not, you just have an ls/gs (an ls with leather etc)

Brazil Integra

Acura<33
What trim is your car? Willing to get its an ls, which is a non vtec base model engine. Gsr's have the b18c1, which has vtec and type r's have b18c5 which is rarest and most powerful. I can tell you now that your car is not a type r sadly. Look at the vin and the engine itself. Does it say vtec? If not, you just have an ls/gs (an ls with leather etc)
The engine head is red and all it says on it is "PSI Performance". I googled that and it appears to be the name of an automotive shop. I can post a picture tommorow.

Brazil Integra

Acura<33
The seats are black but the middle is red and it says "jdm" in the stitching and on the shifter. And yes the original wing looked like that.

TheSkygun

If it was the oem one then I wish you traded with me xD

So like the fourth pic? Also you should move your flip screen to where the fifth picture has it IMO