My 1991 Integra vs. 1986 Celica

Murasame

Ok so I raced my buddy tonight, both of our cars are stock and we wanted to see who's car is faster. So I raced him and I lost, I had a bad start,spun the tires all the way through first, hit the rev limiter, after that we stayed pretty much the same distance apart. He beat me by about half a car length. I was also wondering how badly I can damage my engine by hitting the lititer like that. Thanks for the help and feedback guys. Also, where do you all shift at for racing?

Murasame

Also, does anyone know at exactly what RPM the limiter is at? It's seemed to be just over 7000

2"teg

well hitting the rev limitter isnt good, but that is why they put it there so that you dont go too far and do some mad damage to your engine. I hit the rev limitter sometimes just to get the power flowin normal but i do it like once in a blue moon. As long as you keep the maintenance in your car you should be fine. You should know your car and the way it revs and feels when you are driving it, that is what makes the driver; you shouldn't have to look at the tachometer, that is a split second that could have kept you from hitting the rev limitter. Listen to your car and know when to shift by sound and feeling it all around you. That is what i do and it works pretty good for me. My dad tought me how to drive manual; what he did was take the gauges out of the car for 1 month so that i would get to know my car inside and out. It worked!!! :D

Last edited:

Murasame

Yeah I know what you mean about getting to know the feel of my car. I just got my Integra though, so still getting used to differences.