My 97 GS so far

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I will add that to my list. I also found the source of another leak, my VTEC solenoid. I remember one of the bolts for it never tightening up and just keeps on spinning, kind of makes me think that the hole in head is stripped from there, hopefully not... I hope It's just the gasket.. :roll:

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Replaced the oil pan gasket and the VTEC solenoid gasket. The oil pam had two bolts smaller than the rest, I replaced those two bolts with generic ones with washers that are the same size as the other ones. The VTEC solenoid gasket was flat as shit, maybe that's why the bolts wouldn't go in right... Luckily my local Honda dealership had them in stock so I went out to buy them, $30 right there :roll:. I tightened the solenoid bolts with a 1/4 ratchet and they went in all the way. Hopefully that stops my oil leaks :lol:

Cleaned up my engine bay and washed my car for tomorrow :rofl:

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Honda day was a blast and I picked up some PLM tri-y header for $250! I figured I needed new header since mines was extremely dent from the bottom and the PLM had a 2.5" exit, good for my test pipe. On first start up, it was running good and then out of no where it started running horrible, bouncy idle to the point it wanted to stall out. Pulled the throttle cable to rev it and it went back to normal. Maybe because the first o2 sensor wasn't installed yet? Some sort of liquid started leaking from around the VTEC solenoid area also. I was afraid that it was oil but it didn't smell like it.. I cleaned it up and ran it for a bit. Definitely increased my low end power and it sounds much deeper. It hasnt leaked anymore after that.

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Installed a new upstream O2 sensor since my other one wouldn't come off and broke in the process.. Fixed a rattling noise it had by putting in a heat wrap between the two pipes that were touching. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone 2g

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Went ahead and bought the ITR coilovers and LCA. Car feels much better while driving 60+MPH. Not much difference in height but it is lower, could only tell because my bumper doesn't clear the curb anymore. :rolf: Haven't installed the rear coilovers because I like my shiny LCA, maybe I'll just wait till I buy F7 ITR LCA's..

Sent from my iPhone 2g

Last edited:

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I will not be able to do the JDM front conversion next month because my trans is starting to go out :cry:
Instead I will be buying a transmission, clutch kit, lighter flywheel, and a new transmission mount. My local importer is selling a B16A transmission for like $999 but maybe they could sell it too me for cheaper since I'm a regular customer. :lol:
I'm going with a Exedy replacement clutch kit and a ACT streetlite flywheel :rolf:

R13

The other asshole
$999?!

I've seen Gsr transmissions for 150-300... seen 1 or 2 itr lsd transmissions for 600-700.

You could probably rebuild your transmission and have a new one for $1000. :lol:

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
$999?!

I've seen Gsr transmissions for 150-300... seen 1 or 2 itr lsd transmissions for 600-700.

You could probably rebuild your transmission and have a new one for $1000. :lol:
Well thats not here though.. Usually they sell GSR trans here for cheap but 90% they are busted. The mexicans here just dog their transmissions. The B16A has 20k-60k miles. Meh, it would be smart to rebuild the B18b1 tranny since I won't have to deal with shitty MPG and having a high RPM on the highway but I want to try out something new. I'll probably keep the LS tranny and maybe even rebuild myself if I learn the steps. :lol:

R13

The other asshole
LSD will be nice, That's just a hell of a price tag. :shock:

Edit: Wait the b16 trans doesn't have lsd does it?

Last edited:

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
It doesn't say on the ad but I will check it out one of these days :rolf:

Sent from my iPhone 2g