My Boosted Focus

jdmkillah

dumpin on you!
fuck! i wish i still had my focus! i was running spary! im new to this site yo. how do i post flicks..grrr i wanna show you what i did to mine..shit was fuckin nasty! i had sponser from IBM n shit..dope ride though homie..

smithboy76908

Boost Addict
It's been a while since I've logged in here. It's been a busy year. The Focus has come a long way since my last update on here. This is what has been done to the car in the last year...

Built MTX-75 5-speed trans with Torsen LSD and 4.06 gear
Upgraded to Exedy Stage 2 3-pok clutch
Upgraded to a 12-14lb adjustable wastegate
Raised the 2-step to 5500rpm
Cosworth intake manifold swap with provisions to clear my power steering and some port work
Duratec 2.3L head swap port-matched to my Cosworth manifold and turbo manifold with 3-angle valve job
Crower titanium dual vavle springs with new valves and seals
CFM adjustable cam gears
ARP head studs
Crane stage 1 cams (Lift: .374/.358, Dur. @ .050: 214/202, LSA: 110)
VF Engineering polyurethane engine mounts with a solid rear torque mount
Coolingmist Methanol injection kit spraying 80/20 meth/water mix (have, going on this winter)
Turbosmart dual port bov

I'm bolting the head on this month and then retuning. Goal is 300-310whp @ ~12psi at 7500-7800rpm keeping the torque below 240wtq on the stock, cast bottom end and just carrying it out to redline. Once that's done, the meth injection kit will go on and then it's just waiting for the track to reopen in the spring. The new goal is 11.9x on the stock bottom end.

smithboy76908

Boost Addict
Very nice man, any new pictures of the car?
Sadly no. :( It's been a busy year and the car hasn't gotten out much. I have a couple videos from this year though.

After I installed the turbosmart dual port.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz5htULah9g

A cruise to Sonic with our car club using my GoPro Hero 1080. Long video so highlights are 1:00 - 2:30 pulling out of the parking lot, 4:30 getting onto the highway, and 23:00 - end coming off the highway and pulling into sonic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO1GVfp1QD8

Here's a few cell phone pics of the Cosworth manifold installed.

I have the top half of the motor torn down right now but once it's back together, I'm going to clean it up good and take some new pics.

smithboy76908

Boost Addict
Old head pulled off the car and got a good look at the damage to the valves and pistons. Only some light scratching on the pistons. A good bit of carbon build up, needs meth! :p

smithboy76908

Boost Addict
UPDATE!

The engine build has begun. Parts that have come in over the last couple of months...

Remanufactured 2.0L Duratec block with ZERO miles on it. The pistons and spark plugs haven't seen the first drop of gas.
Wiseco 10.0:1 forged aluminum pistons
K1 H-beam forged steel rods
Cosworth rod and main bearings
ARP head and main studs
Cometic .018" head gasket
Exedy stage 3 hyper-single clutch
Crane 224-0014 cams (.435"/.410" lift, 236/226 duration @ .050", 110 LSA)