MY DA9 Turbp Build

lshitegra90

So here are some pics of My 92 Ls

She has an built ls/vtec with a b16 head 9:1 compression forged internals

I am in the middle of putting the motor back together after I heard bearing noise 2 minutes after The first startup... Depressing:( But I hope to have her running by the end of the week to mid next week

lshitegra90

Lots of cutting and grinding, I spent days grinding, that gets old pretty quick..

I moved the bumper supports up and made an intercooler support out of angle iron which barely fit under the

headlights. Welded in a bar in between the stock tow hooks and cut the aftermarket trac bar to fit the downpipe.

Did a backdoor setup for the Hot side of the intercooler. And mounted the BOV right on the Intercooler. Also cut

off 4-bolt flanges on the E-manifold and Downpipe and wlded V-band flanges on them.

lshitegra90

Next I ported the divided Exhaust side of the Turbo. I had to cut and extend my downpipe in certain spots to

center it. I bought a prebent 3 inch Stainless exhaust which was slip fit all I had to do was weld on the flanges,

where they pipes slip into each other, and Also the Stainless magnaflow. I dont have a fully finished pic

but it came out pretty awesome I think. The stainless kit aside from the manifold and downpipe was around 300

and the muffler was 80. So worth it.. :D

As it stands like I said the motor is out. Picking up a new oil pump tomorrow and going to port it out. And Also

I need a new clutch plate. Does anyone know if you can put a stock street disc on a ACT Xtreme pressure

plate without having to machine your flywheel??? I know ACT makes a hybrid street disc but its like

190$$$!!!! If anyone can get back to me on that it would be swell.

Im open to all comments good or bad. Let me know what you guys think about my build :p

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Lots of fab work. :thumbs up

Wish I could weld aluminum...

lshitegra90

Thanks man, my buddy did all the TIG welding I made all the pieces to the puzzle. I wanted it to all look nice...

I can weld a little but not at as good as my friend.

BambinoGS

Anti-Ricer
Good work man. TIG welding is tough but it looks sexy when it's done right. What are your hp goals?

lshitegra90

As of right now i am just going to rock the 7.5 psi wastegate spring. I have spent so much money its ridiculous. I am shooting

for around 280whp on pump gas. This setup should be good for 450-500 but i dont feel like going right for the gold and breaking

stuff left and right. Just want to be able to cruise it in the summer.

Dtackett

very nice build man, beautiful setup, i wish i had everything you have to be able to do all that fab work lol, i gotta take it to a machine shop to do most of that. i cant wait until your done and you get a good video of it i want to hear that turbo get angry

eiznekeM

Seeing transformations like this is what made me want to get into cars as a career. Great job!

blade715

420auto
looks good. im doings a similar build right now. any tips on how to mount the radiator? or any tips on running my turbo oil lines
?