**My DB2 build thread**

navysailor956

What up CI and fellow integra owners! So I've been on this forum for a minute now, and I think it's time now for a build thread for my 1992 GSR. So lets get started with some pics, since I know everyone loves to see those. :)

This is when I brought her home, last year. 8-26-2010.

A shot of the Interior, really clean with no tears or stains on the fabric.

Came with these wheels and tires. Rota Auto X's and Potenza Tires.

And a shot of the Engine Bay.

So thats it for when she first came home.
Mods when I bought her:
New wheels and tires.
Lowered on Tien S-Tech Springs
4-1 Header, not sure of the brand, possibly Ebay.
Custom 2.25" exhaust piping
Vibrant Performance Muffler

What I've done so far:
First thing I did was change the clutch cuz it was going kinda bad. My good friends over at ILL garage put in a Stage 2 Exedy with the lightened Fidanza flywheel. Also got this..

The "E" came off so have to replace that, lol.
Then I went and bought a Skunk2 short shifter and Knob combo off CI.com and a password JDM shiftboot from PWJDM.com

Afterwards I went to work under the hood a bit. Here is a shot of the Engine Bay now.

I changed the stock intake manifold to a SKunk2 one, added a CAI, new NGK plugs and wires, and a new dizzy. The VTEC cam seal was leaking so I had to change that. Then the alternator went bad so I changed that out. Then my main relay went out last week so I changed that too, and I also changed the fuel filter.
I went through the potenza's pretty quick so now shes sittin on some Dunlop Direzza's.

HID's
More pics:

Someone stole my front Badge >:0

Someone also stole my stereo >:0 >:0

stock intake mani vs skunk2 intake mani

That broke when I was taking out the stock intake mani, lol.

Upcoming Mods:
Coming soon..

So thats what I have for now. I'll be updating this thread as often as I can. The car does have some blemishes and I do have some questions on some things but i'll post that up with some pictures tomorrow or the day after. Any and all feedback accepted. Thanks guys. Hope you liked the pics.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Well done sir. You building it up? And it has rather high mileage. I'd recommend a rebuild just freshen her up, that's what I'm doing to mine, so excited. Good to see people who appreciate a beautiful thing for what it is. Best of luck with your build friend.

Last edited:

Cripton805

This DB2 looks familiar. Anyway, hows the Vtec solenoid. When you start it up first in the morning look at it and inspect for leaks. Since it will be revvin 1.5-1.8. I had mine leaking pretty bad and I didn't know. It would only leak when it was a cold start up.

red.line

Car looks pretty good man. It looks like the GS-R badge was replaced at one point, as it's mounted in the wrong spot haha.

navysailor956

I'm at work right now, so i'll have an update with some more pics this afternoon!!

navysailor956

not bad at all bro glwb
Thanks bro, I appreciate it.
looks good so far... what's your plans for it?
Thanks man, for now I just plan on making it look as nice as I can with some major detailing, which is the project for the weekend, ill post some pics of what needs to be done.
Well done sir. You building it up? And it has rather high mileage. I'd recommend a rebuild just freshen her up, that's what I'm doing to mine, so excited. Good to see people who appreciate a beautiful thing for what it is. Best of luck with your build friend.
Yeah I am definitely doing a rebuild in the near future. The head is also gonna be upgraded with BC stage 2's and BC valvetrain.
This DB2 looks familiar. Anyway, hows the Vtec solenoid. When you start it up first in the morning look at it and inspect for leaks. Since it will be revvin 1.5-1.8. I had mine leaking pretty bad and I didn't know. It would only leak when it was a cold start up.
Maybe cuz i introduced it when I first got it? Lol. The Vtec solenoid is fine, no issues with that.
Car looks pretty good man. It looks like the GS-R badge was replaced at one point, as it's mounted in the wrong spot haha.
Thanks bro. For real? :( Where is it supposed to go? And how do I move it? Sounds like I have another thing to do this weekend :)

navysailor956

So this weekend I'm going to do some Major detailing on the Engine bay because its so dirty. There's also a couple little things that I have fix.
First.

This hose needs to be replaced, I'm not sure what it's for and where to get it.. help anyone? Also need a clamp for the other side of the CAI.
Second.

This ground wire is pretty crappy so need to replace this as well.
Third.

This mess with the vacuum lines looks ridiculous. Can I get rid of the metal piping and just use vacuum lines? Also the reason that stopper is on the front of the Intake mani is cuz when I connect to hose to it down from the charcoal canister I get a horrible vaccum leak? Ne1 know why?

Other than that I'm going to clean the engine bay as clean as I can. I got couple of spray bottles and different type brushes to help get all the dirt and grim off. Also got a couple cans of degreaser which should help. I'm also going to take the felt stuff from under to hood off and shine that up real nice. :) Hopefully I'll have some pics of a nice clean engine bay up Saturday afternoon.

navysailor956

Nice build man. How is that intake mani? I've been thinking about getting a skunk I/M
Honestly I don't think that I noticed much of a power difference, but my car did sound "better" like if it was breathing better. And I had a great time putting it on my car! :D

krisx13

Schweet.
u sir have my dream car (aside from 85 monte carlo and 69 charger). i'm glad to see its in good hands. good luck.