My first 87 Teg

graveyardhippie

your price for an engine sounds about right, just make sure u get the tranny and ecu for it. i forget where, but people have gotten some good numbers out of these engines... thing is it's usually not worth it for what you could do to a swap. i would think turbo is best bang for ur buck, and you can get some cheap setups if you use stock turbo's from other cars that came with them, like a probe or whatnot. there's a lot you can look into, but price is always the biggest thing. if you have a total for ur spending, i'll tell you what all i know could be accomplished from that figure.

1stgen

faster = better :)
AAAAHHHH I didnt get to go to pick n pull saturday... (gf to needy). But anyway idk how much im willing to spend on it... I was just hopin to be able to get a full swap for less than 2 grand and i would just go from there... thanks for all the input though.... arnt turbo setups like 3-4 grand? i havnt seen any turbo's for a D16 unless it's a custom frabricated one... I dont know but somehow i will make it a beast... lol gotta start workin the corner for extra cash (jk lol)!!!

1stgen

Well I just orderd some new front shocks the KYB GR-2's my stock ones started leaken all over the place... so yea Im tryin to get the project goin now :twisted:

1stgen

im just puttin struts and shocks on it right now... but ill prob lower the tortion bar while im at it... Im lookin for a higher paying job atm so i should be ok in the long run!

1stgen

Oh jeez... i just got another problem.... well i was drivin last night and all of a sudden my car decides to accelerate full throttle in the middle of traffic... i am forced to turn the car off and try to stop with a locked up brake.... when the light turns green i turn the car on, and the car starts goin full throttle again.... i manage to make it to a small side street and get some calls made. Anyway i am pretty sure the throttle cable slipped somehow because the gas peddle feels very loose, but i dont know how to tighten it back to position... what tools do i need to do this?

graveyardhippie

sounds like the throttle stuck open, did the spring on the tb pop off, or maybe there's goo in the tb itself, or maybe ur intake sucked up a rock holding it open. i'd play around with it, it's stuck open somehow.

tb=throttle body

1stgen

yea i got it awhie ago... Idk why but it was just stuck open... im assuming allitle rust was there but i got it fixed!

squirrell

The Squirrell Is Back
1st Gen Integra

I just traded a laptop for an 88' integra with a D16 in it. The body is striaght for the most part a few small dints but nothing major. I will be honest I know nothing about honda motors and am tring to learn, so any help from all of you will help. It has an MSD system, fuel management system (he gave me the software and cable to go with it), new cams not sure how to tell what they are, air intake and going to get a GT28 Turbo from a friend with intercooler and all the goodies. Have been told itwill work with this motor but i am looking here for some imput on that. i have a picture of the motor on my profile. It has already been lowered so that is good and looking for a set of 18" rims for it. I am new to all this forum stuff but when i figure out how to post picture i will post some. By the way as you can see i figured the picture thing out. cool please send comments and response. thanks.

graveyardhippie

so far looks like a good deal, any turbo will work, just make sure you tune it before you drive it, and i wouldnt boost more than like 8 lbs. 18's may be slightly difficult to put under one of these lowered, but i cant tell how far it's lowered. welcome and enjoi the G1