My first drag strip runs this year

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Woo Hoo, the track finally opened! They fell behind schedule over the winter on some upgrades to the joint, but they finally opened tonight. There was a 30% chance of rain after 4pm, but mother nature spared us the rain until almost 8pm...thanks, baby. I got in 6 runs.
My mods:
-Comptech Icebox
-JDM ITR header
-Carsound high flow cat
-Magnaflow 2.5 inch exhaust
-Spoon cams (Type R valve springs)
-Wiseco pistons (0.5 mm overbore)
-Uberdata tuned (VTEC at 5000, redline 8500)

My dyno sheet:

183whp/133wtq

My times:
14.72@95.8
2.33 60'

14.74@96.2
2.33 60'

14.76@96.7
2.41 60'

14.78@96.4
2.38 60'

For the guys/gals who don't know, the 60' time lets you know if you got a quality launch from the starting line. 2.3's is about the average you can expect from a Teg on street tires.

My other 2 runs were junk, they were in the 14.8's. I was shifting out of first too soon.

I was rolling on the stock 15's with Falken ZE 502's. I also took out my passenger seat, my rear seat and my spare and the jack.
I'm happy with the times, it's about where I expected to be. Last year, it was tough for me to get my 60' times below 2.5, but all the low end torque I picked up from the new pistons took care of that problem. All that money and homework paid off, phew!

Todd

token ex-mod
that's kinda odd, i'd expect some faster times :what:

i know a girl with a 98 gsr with i/h/e and she ran a 14.8 on her daily driver 17's.... hmmmm...
she had the same interior setup you did.... but less hp....

maybe it's elevation :what:
she was running at about 500' above sea level?

ca86108

14.7 ??? thats it..????? i ran 14.7 in my gsr. and u have way more mods then me..

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
ca86108 said:
idont get it.. if u took out ALL that shit in ur car.. and had 108 reduced, and have cams and evertyhing how can u only run 14.7? im not trynna diss u or anythign just wondering,.. is it elevation?
I'm not sure what you guys should expect. I'm happy with 14.7, considering what I have. I'm on stock rims with street tires. It was 75-80 degres that night. I don't think elevation is hurting me, the track is only about a half hour from the ocean. I don't kick my cars ass at the track, I rev to about 3K at the starting line and gently let off from there, I'm not dropping the clutch. I get a little wheel spin.
I'm sure if it wasn't so warm that night (being that warm in N.H. in the middle of April is very rare, it's normally in the 30's or 40's in the evening) and I got my 60' down a little bit more, I'd be in the 14.6's at least, and 14.5's would be very possible. Would that be reasonable for you guys?

ca86108

yea. cuz i would think ur car would be bad ass and get at least 14.4-5.. cuz my cars got 14.7 and i launched at 4 with wheel spin and i shifted at 7900 rpm..

DownShift96GSR

With your mods and elevation, I'd expect your time to be much faster. I'd expect low 14's.

BoostedITR41

launch a lot higher and ride the clutch. launch around 5500 or so and just ride it till it hooks. you will go low 14's easy

DownShift96GSR

BoostedITR41 said:
launch a lot higher and ride the clutch. launch around 5500 or so and just ride it till it hooks. you will go low 14's easy
Actually, in my experience, if you launch in VTEC, too much wheel spin. I've launched the best at around 4 to 4.5 and got real good hook off the line. that's with poppin the clutch too. I hooked once so damn good, I snapped my DOJ, on the driver's side.

ca86108

doJ?? whats that.. but yea sometimes i launch at 4 and i launch PERFECTLY no wheel hop.. but sometimes i launch at 4 and spin out like a mother fucker.. but when i was at the runs last month everyone was sayin i was launchign too low.. and to launch hella high at like 6 or 7.. nveer tried it but i think thats crazy

siscoke

hey ive got a ITR with slight engine mods (standard 190hp now i guess a lil more) you guys think id have a better time than this (no offence just asking)

greetz sis

ca86108

yea u will... ull get like 14.4-7 IF ur a good driver.. ur car is rated at 14.7 at the quarter mile. with basic bolt ons ull be at 14.5 i think