My intro

SoundEfx

Hi All,

I finally got the car to go along with this site...lol...

Bought a 1997 LS DC4 ( I think ). Had to get the automatic after searching for months for a unmolested manual and failing.
Decent amount of mods were done to it, but they were not mine, so I have to start the rebuilding process.

The first thing to go is that side skirt. To me it doesn't flow with the rest of the car.

SoundEfx

Thanks.

I am looking for stockers on craigslist, but with no luck.

Also, the exhaust hits the sway bar while idling AND while driving, so I have to either get another one that fits properly or go back to stock.

renarudo

Welcome to Cl and good luck to you on the build.

ZaWn

Welcome to CI.
Great choice in going for an Integra. Feel free to post if you have any questions.

-Z-

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

SoundEfx

Thanks all.

I have been reading alot on integras, but nothing could prepare you for the car you actually have.

Example.
1. I have to 'align' my driver's side door. The top rubber part of it rubs and when it is hot, the door can't be opened easily.
2. One of my serpentine belts squeeks when cold and I was told that my power steering pump pulley might be off a little.
3. As mentioned before, my exhaust hits the sway bar and is very very annoying. So I have to get a new one.
4. When ever I hit a bump, my steering goes all over the place and I have to fight the car back onto the road.
5. The transmission might be slipping.
6. There are rust spots here and there.
7. The holes made to install the side skirt has to be filled and fixed.
8. It needs a new intake.
9. I have to get new lca's, sway bars, calipers, coilovers... well basically all suspension parts. The honda shops around my area are going to love me......

Keep in mind that those are the things the car NEEDS. Wait until I actually create the list of my wants.

Anyway, besides all of those things, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I ALWAYS wanted an integra and now I finally do.

Oh, and that sentra in the back ground is nothing to sleep on.....

dlo253

This is the rice bucket you were talking about??? It aint even that bad man... I was expecting much worse.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
It aint even that bad man... I was expecting much worse.
lol. I was also thinking the same thing. I was picturing multi color body panels with big ugly body kit. It doesnt look lowered, or is it the wheels that make it seem that way?

SoundEfx

You guys should see under the hood. My SRI is just hideous.

It might look lowered because of the big azz rims (18 inches) on it and the hideous side skirt. The angles I took the pictures at helped as well. But think about it, 18 inch rims AND a big wheel gap, that is the perfect recipe for facepalm....LOL

The first thing I did was take the side skirt off and trust me, this thing is high off the ground. When I drive around and look at other stock integras, I envy them because they are actually lower than I am....LOL

I am selling those side skirts. Anyone wants them?
I would trade that and what ever suspension I am on for some coilovers. ANY coilovers.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
You guys should see under the hood. My SRI is just hideous.
:nopics:

When I drive around and look at other stock integras, I envy them because they are actually lower than I am....LOL.
4x4 status huh? I bet they envy you just as much, cus you can go anywhere without having to worry about scraping :D
can you go lower? try tucking tire

I am selling those side skirts. Anyone wants them?
I would trade that and what ever suspension I am on for some coilovers. ANY coilovers.
I just sold my Type R rep kit on craigslist. Price it at a steal, and they will disappear ;)

dlo253

Sell those rims and get a set from Marc. We got deals!
Have you gotten a chance to see what kinda suspension you actually have?

osiris19

First up, manual swap. Then you can bother with the other junk :p

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk