N/A or boost?

N/A or boost?

• Total voters

GSROWNSU

I'm just wondering what you guys like better. I'm undecided because i love that sound of a bov but i also think that it's really impressive to have a fast 4 cyl that's all motor. What do you guys think?

boosted_integ

GSROWNSU said:
I'm just wondering what you guys like better. I'm undecided because i love that sound of a bov but i also think that it's really impressive to have a fast 4 cyl that's all motor. What do you guys think?
I have a boosted gsr and love it................ but all motors bad ass too........ just depends on what you want and what your going for.................................

GSROWNSU

boosted_integ said:
I have a boosted gsr and love it................ but all motors bad ass too........ just depends on what you want and what your going for.................................
stock internals or did u build your motor up and how much boost do u run?

DC2 Hopeful

N/A is more meritable, but you can't argue with 800whp now can you? Boost.

Living at a high elevation doesn't help either, n/a's not really an option for me, I'd never break 200whp at my altitude.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I want to go turbo, just because I know all motor on an LS will only go so far. Yes i know about LS/Vtec, that might come after the turbo.

CHILD

all day all JDM
I love both....im truely impartial. My wifes DC5 will be going turbo sometime this year, so i decided to build my DC4 NA.

cons for turbo: gas usage
cons for NA: power vs. price of parts

GSROWNSU

yea i'm also truely torn between the two of them as well. I think n/a is sweet tho bcuz w/out boost u can still have a fast 4 cyl car. Everyone thinks 4cyl cars need boost to be fast and that's not always true.

DC2_Project

GSROWNSU said:
yea i'm also truely torn between the two of them as well. I think n/a is sweet tho bcuz w/out boost u can still have a fast 4 cyl car. Everyone thinks 4cyl cars need boost to be fast and that's not always true.
yeah im torn to
all motor is going to cost alot more and your only gonna reach like 210whp with alot of money put into it and keeping it reliable (streetable)

ltrain

i completely disagree on that about getting only 210.......they sell b18's with 260 hp built up but there a pretty penny na of course

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
It took me a lot of time and thinking to come up with a desicion on wether to go boost or NA. There's a lot of positives and minuses to going each route.

I decided for myself to go NA because:
-I don't have a lot of money, and to install a turbo requires thousands of dollars up front. But with NA, I can do it in stages and have time to save up in between each stage. Also, seeing the improvement with each completed step is a really great feeling, its a real feeling of accomplishment to see your effort rewarded.
-I have a GSR, which lends itself towards an NA build more readily than towards boost. Of course, it's fine to boost a B18C1. It has a better flowing head than an B18B, and to any competent tuner the higher compression is no problem to deal with. But the DOHC VTEC system is a great platform to build on for an NA setup. If I had an LS, there's no question I would be boosted today.
-I like the respect factor that comes with a strong NA build.
-I'm only a few hunderd feet above sea level, and of course the closer to sea level the thicker the air is therefore an NA engine will respond to mods better than thousands of feet up. When I took my Teg on a trip to Arizona, I could DEFINITLEY feel my car struggling when I was up around 6,000 feet in Flagstaff. So elevations not an issue for me.

IntegrasAreBest

Honda / Acura Fanatic
im gonna go na probably on my gs...i think cams, port n polish,lightened flywheel and some other stuff might let me hit 205. thats all i need. then 3-4 years from now i can get a 350z or a s2000 and boost. wa la.

DC2_Project

IntegrasAreBest said:
im gonna go na probably on my gs...i think cams, port n polish,lightened flywheel and some other stuff might let me hit 205. thats all i need. then 3-4 years from now i can get a 350z or a s2000 and boost. wa la.
you could do ls/vtec
you could get the b16 head and build it while its off the car so you end up with little downtime

boosted_integ

GSROWNSU said:
stock internals or did u build your motor up and how much boost do u run?
i have je forged 9:1 pistions crower rods, darton sleeved, full head package, quaife limted slip, i'm only running the drag trubo kit right now just trying to save up to get a full race manifold and bigger turbo, i usually only run 7psi on the streets

boosted_integ

ya this kid i know is running ls/vtec in a crx and he's running low 13's all motor and we live in salt lake so we have way high altitude his car is amazing................