Need help choosing pads and rotors

Boxy

So I took my car for one of those free brake checks at Meineke.

The guy told me the reason my brakes screech like a bitch is that the pads I have are complete shit. He said instead of being a more reasonable semi-metallic, they're almost completely metallic. I don't even know, so don't ask how that happened. I haven't changed the brakes since I got the car in May.

Anyways, I now need new rotors and pads all way around. Anyone have any suggestions on a good setup for a bone stock Automatic LS? Its just a DD. Preferably something that WON'T screech.

Thanks guise.

dariel89

Are the rotors that bad, you can resutface them and just get pads

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Charly[horse]

Name = John
I have ebc slotted rotors and ebc red stuff pads. I love em and I use mine as a daily driver.

Boxy

@dariel89 I'm just going by what they told me. He said if I didn't replace the rotors they would warp really badly.

Also I forgot to mention, I'm looking for something that won't run me more than $250 in parts.

Charly[horse]

Name = John
@dariel89 I'm just going by what they told me. He said if I didn't replace the rotors they would warp really badly.

Also I forgot to mention, I'm looking for something that won't run me more than $250 in parts.
ebc is best bang for your buck at least thats what ive heard. thats why i went with em

Boxy

Charly[horse];933987 said:
ebc is best bang for your buck at least thats what ive heard. thats why i went with em
The black EBC USR rotors look so sexy...

But 120 for fronts and 112 for rears already puts me at 232 :/ I'd have to go over it with my dad. How long has your set up lasted you?

MrGurley

************5-0
Charly[horse];933987 said:
ive always used ebc... love them. aside from a little chatter the new yellow stuff pads are money!!

Boxy

So far it looks like I'll be going with EBC. Anyone know a good site that would sell them for cheaper than the CI store?

Also @Ominous I checked out the JHP site and the cheap ones I saw would be the blank rotors and I kinda wanted some slotted ones :O... but I can get EBC slotted ones for cheaper than the slotted Stop-Techs on JHP. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the price listed for the rotors on that site is per rotor right, not per pair?

Boxy

Yeah, it was $17 and $22 a rotor?
Yep! For the blank ones. I might get those if I can't find slotted/drilled ones from EBC or something for a decent price. Thanks for showing me that!

Its weird though, for the blank rotors is specifically says NOTE: Price is for ONE rotor only

But then when you go on the page for the slotted ones it doesn't say that. Further it asks what side you want the rotors on, and adds $114 when you say both (which is double the price of one slotted rotor) making a total of 180. So I'm confused haha

Charly[horse]

Name = John
I've been on em for about 4 or 5 months now. Also just so you know the black wears off once you use the breaks. They still look sexy though ;)