Need help deciding new speakers! 2-door '94 gs-r.

ImElvis

Sup yo'
So I'm thinking about replacing the 2 front speakers and 2 rear speakers in my 1994 gs-r coupe. I was thinking about just replacing the rears cause the sub on them is ripped up.. if I do that I'll just buy 2 Infinitys that have 60w RMS
infinity link :
to INFINITYYYY and beyond

but then again.. I want to replace all of my speakers cause my fronts are kind of going bad too. If I replace all 4, I'm thinking about buying the Power Acoustiks that have 100w RMS, so I'm guessing 100w is better than 60w, plus it's only $30 for a pair.. but I'm afraid of that whole "you get what you pay for" deal..
power acoustiks link:
power acoustikssss

if Power Acoustiks are terrible then I have these Pioneers in mind, but they're 30w RMS and a bit more expensive, $55 a pair to be exact. so either replace all 4s with Power Acoustiks or Pioneers..
pioneer link:
pioneeeeeers

so what do you think I should go with? replace 2 rear speakers with infinitys(60w) or replace all 4 speakers with power acoustiks(100w) or replace all 4 speakers with pioneers (30w). If you've ever bought Power Acoustiks, let me know what you think of them!
I'd like to stay under 120-ish, also I'm going to be getting a JL 300/1 Amp and JL 12" Sub in the future.

99sil-teg

Jointhe Wingless Movement
The last set of infinity's I got were disappointing to me... I use to be a hard core fan.

I have alpine S3's in my current car and they sound good, even with the horrible wiring job one of the previous owners did in it.

ImElvis

Sup yo'
The last set of infinity's I got were disappointing to me... I use to be a hard core fan.

I have alpine S3's in my current car and they sound good, even with the horrible wiring job one of the previous owners did in it.
Alpines are expensive.. lol
actually.. the SPS-600 sounds kinda nice if Alpines are 100% good for sure. it's $120 for a pair, but kind of expensive for just 2 rear speakers. tempting.

Last edited:

99sil-teg

Jointhe Wingless Movement
Yeah I wouldn't have bought them lol. I'm not huge in stereo stuff so it all sounds the same to me lol, I just like a speaker with a little bass and that will rock out to alternative/punk/screamo lol

ImElvis

Sup yo'
ohh hahah. i want a speaker that will be good to listen to R&B, so it's got to have good bass.