need help please!!!!daily driver

d16civic

i have a 1987 with a dohc zc swapped into it (1986-1989 american acura integra motor) and it started running crappy for some reason, it stalls if you let it try to idle and if you hold it at a constant rpm it spits and spudders, i replaced the plugs/rotor/dizzy cap and it still does it, this is my daily driver i need help i dont know where to look next, it runs strong if you rev it up but as soon as you try to hold an rpm it starts doin it

d16civic

no but today was a lil wierd and confusing for my when i took off a couple vacum lines the car smoked alot but idled ok, so i drove it up to the pavement and beat the hell out of it (i was a little pissed) pulling to like 7500 every gear and then once the car was hot and idleing i turned it off and put all the vacum lines back on, then proceeding beating on it, and i rubbed it out or something cause it was idleing fine with no spuddering at all, do you think it could be bad gas, i have to run 93 cause of compression reasons and i had to put some 92 in it from pilot cause thats the highest they had, but they were adding 2 pumps at the time maybe i just got some shit gas, and once the car is hot it is burning it ok????

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
beating on your car isnt gonna solve the problem. lol.

d16civic

thats what i was thinking a good fuel system cleaner with an octane booster lol see what happens

d16civic

i drained the gas and put in some fresh high octane with some nos octane booster and a fuel injection cleaner and it is still running the same, when it gets hot it runs fine but till then it wont ide and spuders, and i filled up the 8 gallon fuel cell and drove it about a half hour up s.r. 200 and when i got back my fuel cell was EMPTY!!!! what sensor could be making it dump that much gas

91integraracer

Im lovin it
i drained the gas and put in some fresh high octane with some nos octane booster and a fuel injection cleaner and it is still running the same, when it gets hot it runs fine but till then it wont ide and spuders, and i filled up the 8 gallon fuel cell and drove it about a half hour up s.r. 200 and when i got back my fuel cell was EMPTY!!!! what sensor could be making it dump that much gas
where u at, i live by sr 200 in ocala. but check ur fuel filter. it could be that. i remember i was having an idle problem with my other car, got the egr valves cleaned and a new fuel filter and bam like new

d16civic

getting too much gas and not beeing able to burn it all???? i have already replaced the fuel filter but this thing drank like 5 gallons of gas goin like 30 miles round trip

d16civic

no no leaking but i read something it said that if a fuel injector gets clogged it does something to the o2 sensor that makes the engine spray more gas does that make any sense at all