Need help removing killswitch

dmcastillo86

I have a 92 DA that i got from a buddy of mine and iim having trouble trying to figure out how this killswitch is wired up and i want to remove it. Ive tried searching for a diagram for the relays under the dash cause thats where they have it wired up at and its a mess. I've tried searching everywhere for a diagram but have come up with nothing. If anyone has one or can point me in the right direction it be awesome cause im tired of looking at all these wires hanging from under my dash. Thanks

Beat92240

Locate the black/white wire under the dash in the ignition harness (coming down from the key cylinder in the steering column and usually to the fuse box from there). Somewhere between there the wire will be cut in half, then go through a relay, then back out to the other end of the wire. This will be whats called the "starter kill relay". All you have to do is cut both ends of that black/white wire out of the relay then reattach them back together directly.

Beat92240

dear God I just re-read that and hope theres a relay at least! you say he has it going to a switch and it better be a big freakin switch if theres no relay under there because that's pulling some amps on that line....

dmcastillo86

sorry for the late response. yes all the relays are under the dash. i will have to get a pic up of it so you can see what im dealing with. thanks