New '90

Methereaper

SilentXSilhouette
New '90 (Ricer Warning)

Hello, everyone.

Just bought an Integra LS, so i figured i'd share it with everyone. If i'm breaking any rules, i apologize.

It's a little rough around the edges, but it's a pretty good car.

The story is, i recently sold my Duster :cry: and needed a new project to turn into my daily driver while i rebuild my '92 Tracker.

So after trolling CL, i came across this beauty in Chicago with an asking price of $1400. All the post said was it needed an alignment.

So, from Hobart Indiana, me and my brother drove to downtown Chicago to take a look at it. He's the mechanic, so i let him take it for the test drive, which diagnosed it had a few exhaust leaks and needed rear suspension work. Owner said guy he bought it from cut the springs to lower it... :roll:

He said he redid the entire front end and lost interest before getting to the rear.

After talking him to $1300, we began the journey home, bro in the Integra, me in my mom's Impala.

Aside from my brother trying to race a Prelude on the way home and the discovery of a gas leak, front turn signal issues and no taillights, it drove fine.

Once in safe territory, i decided to run it around the block to see how i liked it.

You could say i fell in love with it there.

For all the work it needed, it drove great.

So, with little cash left, we hit the nearby Pick N Pull in search of rear struts, which we found, but for springs i went with Coilovers from Taco Taco on Ebay. I'll post a review once i get the car driving.

I'm sure they aren't the greatest, but springs were $30 each at the junk yard, and their lowering coilovers were $47 for all four of them, so what the hell?

Right now it's sitting on ramps with the gas tank half dropped due to lack of reach to get the remaining clamps off the filler tube.

I believe i found the leak as the tank dropped and the rusted, high pressure line snapped.

Ordered new tank straps, have to find new bolts, and i bought a roll of Permatex Exhaust bandage to try and repair the hole on the muffle/tip and pipe.

Plan to re-wire the taillights and such once i find a diagram. Gonna try to find paint to match the white they used to do the side graphics and fix the rust.

Have some work to do with the hatch, it doesn't close, but that should be an easy fix, and the alarm works for the meantime.

I figured it'd be something fun to mess with, definitely one of the coolest looking cars in my town.

Thanks for viewing my first post!

Last edited:

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
not bad for the price you paid.
youre about to get shit for the side designs, rims, tail lights, spoiler and fromt bumper.

welcome to the club!

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener using Tapatalk.

dlo253

Do you plan on dericing it and bringing a great car back from 1999? Lol..
Lift off, thats funny. Welcome to CI. I know I also fell in love instantly the first time I drove my integra!

98GS

Great price now de rice! Lol unless u like it. Welcome to ci :)

Methereaper

SilentXSilhouette
Thanks guys.

Yeah, i knew the rice-ing wouldn't go over well, lol. I guess i'm one of those weird people that like the way it looks. I am relieved that they chose a simple design, at least. None of that flame or really showy stuff.

I do, however, plan on going crazy with the engine after i've driven it for awhile and rebuilt it. At least that'll make up for it a little bit.

As for the Lift Off, i don't even know what that is, just that it's a sticker on the car, ha ha.

dlo253

I just thought the lift off was funny, ya know, with the wing and all.

Methereaper

SilentXSilhouette
Looks like you got your work cut out for you, good luck and welcome:)
Thanks!

Yeah, got some work to do, but engine wise everything seems okay, except the alternator started making noise... Just another part on the list of what to grab at the junkyard.

CamoTeg

I'm not trying to be an ass but that's one of the ugliest cars I've ever seen period. PLEASE take the wing, full body kit, stickers, wheels, muffler, tail lights off and paint it one color and put it back to stock. Best thing you could ever do for that car.

Methereaper

SilentXSilhouette
I'm not trying to be an ass but that's one of the ugliest cars I've ever seen period. PLEASE take the wing, full body kit, stickers, wheels, muffler, tail lights off and paint it one color and put it back to stock. Best thing you could ever do for that car.
I get that alot of people won't like the car the way it looks. But in all honesty, i think it looks great the way it is. For someone like me who could never afford anything special throughout my life until now, this is an unbelievably great experience for me to have something i can be proud of.

The only thing on it body kit wise is the front bumper, which i'll admit is ugly without the rest of it.

I'm happy with it, which is all that really matters to me.

Last edited:

dlo253

Good attitude man. Cant say I dont agree with camoteg, but at the end of the day it is your car not ours. If you are proud of it, than rock it til the wheels fall off. You will catch a lot of hate, but who gives a shit. Its your car, it aint here to please others lol.

Methereaper

SilentXSilhouette
Good attitude man. Cant say I dont agree with camoteg, but at the end of the day it is your car not ours. If you are proud of it, than rock it til the wheels fall off. You will catch a lot of hate, but who gives a s***. Its your car, it aint here to please others lol.
Thanks, nice to meet someone who can live and let live.