New ENTIRE Suspension - Prices Help

Inuyash274

Self Taught Noob
I recently decided to redo the whole suspension on my Teg.

Reason for this is because I could feel everything in the road, from boulders to salt. It was horrible..
Every time I would go over a slight bump the bushings would squeak, however the handling was still alright.
I also had a problem where she would pull off to the left or right side of the road, quickly if I took my hands off the wheel.

I had about $300-400 I could spend on it, so I decided to do it right.
I ordered Raybestos Professional Grade Tie-Rod Ends (My ball joints on there were cracked and non-existent).
New Lower Ball Joints.
KYB-GR2 Struts, Front and Rear.
(4) Monroe Shock Mounts
New Axle Lugs
And new Stabilizer ball links.

All in all, I spent around $300, not bad.
I then went to autozone to rent some tools to do the job, after I got my parts in mail, and went home to work on it.

This was my first time changing the suspension, FYI.

I jacked it up, took off the front passenger strut and examined it. It kind of looked like the spring, as it wrapped around the strut, was slightly bent like a "J". This was odd to me, so I tried to call some people to consult with and got no answer. As I waited for my calls to be returned I said "Hey, let me take off the drivers side and just compare the two struts." So I did.

I discovered, "Oh yeah, these two look VERY different", because my drivers side spring is BROKEN and RUSTED in pieces.

Now I'm screwed.
---------------------------------------------------------------

So this is what I figure I have to do now.

(1). Throw all my old struts away, and replace every thing.
(2). Send the struts and Mounts I just ordered back, and res-pend my money elsewhere.

My only problem is that I have limited funds. Like I said, I have $300-400 MAX that I can spend on this project, I know that is really pushing it.

I ordered my struts from Rockauto. I looked on their site to see if I could find a Strut Assembly, or a Suspension Kit and found nothing, they ONLY have just the struts, no springs.

I can't find anywhere, not even on Ebay, A Suspension Kit that isn't 100% performance. I just need something that is OEM, that will do what I need it to do. This car is not ever going to be on a track.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Do you guys know anywhere I could order these parts from? I'm going to replace all four struts and springs, and it would just be easier to order something that is per-assembled. I'm really on a budget.. any ideas?

Inuyash274

Self Taught Noob
Yeah I was thinking about going to the junk yard. I pulled some off a few weeks ago, they were like $40 a pop (which I thought was expensive and unnecessary at the time), and I didn't get them. The Yard is my second choice, but I would really like to get something new, so I don't have to revisit this later down the road. Like in a month or two. Because there is no real way to see if a shock is good or not until you put it on the car.

Inuyash274

Self Taught Noob
Are there any other sites you know of? Like Rockauto, Ebay, Amazon? For new OEM or greater parts for good prices.

zack11122

Buy the assemblies and put the springs on new struts. Best bet without breaking the bank. Acuraautomoticeparts.com (I think that's it) might carry springs. Or you can buy my old drop springs lol.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

99TegLs

If you would have asked this two years ago I would have given you a brand new stock setup haha. As for advice? You can get TEIN springs for 150 bucks (whole set) or a single stock spring for 70 bucks... Tein isn't garbage either.

Inuyash274

Self Taught Noob
I'm kind of looking for a whole assembly, now. Because if I get the TEIN springs to put on the KYB-GR2's, I will still have to buy the new mount's and bushings. And then, I will only have $50 in my bank account..

zack11122

Go back to the junk yard so you have some money incase something happens. Unless you plan on going low at some point.. then your oppurinity is now. Instead of wasting money on stocks.

Inuyash274

Self Taught Noob
I went to the junk yard. (Funny story).

I went to the junk yard. Snow was all over the ground (the set up here was horrible). To get anything out of these cars you have to look around in their trunks, find a scissor jack, jack it up a few inches, shove a rim under the car and then do your work.

I looked around, all the good integras were scrapped, all that remained were cars burried in mud and not worth a second look.

Finally I found a 92 Civic that was jacked off the ground, suspension in tact. I googled, saw that you could use a 93 teg suspension on a 92 civic, so I thought it was vise-versa. Turns out, it wasn't. So now I'm out $40 bucks on springs/struts I can't use.

So, I've decided I'm going to go ahead and get Tein lowering springs. I've been searching the ebay, they vary from $130-160.
Now, when I look up 93 integra coil-over. I get all these $50 dollar coil overs. They come with the spring and the adjustment sleeve.

The Tein's don't come with any sleeve, it's just the spring and some decals. Do I have to order something else separate in order to lower it with the Tein springs?

zack11122

Lowering springs just get put on a strut. No sleeve needed. You will need lowering struts if you go lower than 1.5". Or your ride will be bad.

Murphy

Meat Master
Yonaka coilovers are $450 shipped on Amazon. You can even install them at stock height, but they are a bit stiffer.

zack11122

I have Megan sleeves bought off here. Haven't mounted yet. Any reviews on the yonaka Murphy?