new itr cylinder head question

hyper98gsr

im buying a new jdm itr cylinder head, but i already bought a gsr skunk2 intake manifold. can i still use it? or do i have to buy an itr skunk2 manifold? the only difference i know of is the throttle cable placement.

Baldy201

Are you getting a head and the stock ITR IM? if so just keep the stock one because the Skunk2 is basicly and ITR manifold that was fitted to a diffrent head. As for your question i dont think the GSR manifold has the same coolant passages and stuff in the right place.

hyper98gsr

you are right. the bolts dont align.
i changed my mind on the head. i will just get a valvetrain and cams

Baldy201

Just get the cams and valvetrain and a minor P&P and you will be close to an ITR head any ways, maybe even spending less money.

hyper98gsr

yea. good idea on the p&p. ill check into that. whats your opinion on the kms head kit listed here?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=33621&item=2478115430&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT

the price is good and they have a little street credibility. i was thinking of getting those and some skunk2 stage 2 cams.

Baldy201

the only problem i see is the Titanium retainers. these wear quite quick, so you will have to open your head and replace them in like 20000 or so. if you want stonger retainers than your stock GSR ones go for the ITR retainers. they are high strenght and last for a long time.

Baldy201

the only problem i see is the Titanium retainers. these wear quite quick, so you will have to open your head and replace them in like 20000 or so. if you want stonger retainers than your stock GSR ones go for the ITR retainers. they are high strenght and last for a long time.

The Skunk2 cams will give you nice power and keep a good torque curve. good choice.