New Motor Setup

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
So heres the list, also taking suggestions on tuning, i'm currently running a hondata S100 on a B17 ECU (whichever one it is) I'll post pictures when everything gets here.

Golden Eagle Sleeves

Brain Crower Stroker Kit. 84mm Bore / 84.5mm Stroke Light Weight Crank

12:1 compression CP pistons

Buddy Club Stage 4 Cams

New Bronze Valve Guides
Supertech Prototype Valves
DFE P&P and Head Reshaping
Toda Timing Belt

Skunk2 Proseries cam gears

Moroso High Capacity Oil Pan with extended pickup

RC 370cc Injectors

ARP Head Studs

ACL Bearings

CTR Crank Pulley

Last edited:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Before I was running a stock bottom end with 11.5 compression JE pistons and Skunk Stage 2 cams and valvetrain on the same tuning setup so I expect to make alot more power with this one, I want to get to 250whp and still be very streetable, the last parts I bought were to much for street use so this one should be toned down a bit. I'm sending the head to DFE to get reworked and after I get it tuned i'll throw a set of ITB's on it.

Last edited:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Yea I'm going to throw them on later after everything is broken in. I need suggestions on which oil and water pump I should run. I guess I'll use the toda timing belt to be safe.

Sirfallsalot243

Youll want bigger cams than that. Crower's sizes run small. Crower 63403 Stage 3 NA VTEC cams are actually smaller than Skunk2 Stage2's. I run the Crower 3's in my GSR. They make great power, but theyre not as big as Sk2S2's. And the non-vtec lobes are very large, making great torque.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Sirfallsalot243 said:
Youll want bigger cams than that. Crower's sizes run small. Crower 63403 Stage 3 NA VTEC cams are actually smaller than Skunk2 Stage2's. I run the Crower 3's in my GSR. They make great power, but theyre not as big as Sk2S2's. And the non-vtec lobes are very large, making great torque.
I'll look into that, appreciate the info.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
ltrain said:
aussie what whp do u have now and what internalls do u have with it?
Well right now I have nothing:lol: when I had the stock bottom end with JE pistons and skunk valvetrain with st 2 cams, tuning and full i/h/e I was running 180whp with 130wtq after having the head reworked and bored tb and flow matched IM I was getting a little under 200whp @ 8700 and 140wtq

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
So I measured all the crank journals and they all came out to be between 58.6mm and 58.94mm for number 3 so i'm very happy that I can still use my b17 block.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
cabezzzdb8 said:
Im following this build up, Mobil 1 or Motul, gsr waterpump is fine
Yea man I was talking about which oil pump not which oil:) I wasn't sure if I should use a type R one or something better.

Last edited: