New! Steevotron's DB7

Steevotron

Hi CI,
My name's Steven and I drive a '96 db7 auto. Got the car from my uncle in 08-09 with 118k on it, and yesterday it broke the 137k mark. :)
I consider my car as mostly stock, with some extra here and there. 90% of the "mods" and gadgets came straight from my wallet, despite being unemployed :oops:, or they were free.

Currently has:
-AEM cold air intake
-HKS Hi-Power catback (from a 92-95 EG hatch - no modification ftw!)
-Halo's/ 6000k HID
-CTR (I think?) style lip
-Non-OEM fogs (I call them nipples)
-Kenwood deck
-Polk speakers all around
-And others... can't think lol

My winter break plans include: security and koni str.t's + tein s. tech's.

I learn a lot from this forum and I hope I can be a part of the community.

Finally, PICS!:

4x4 status!

Nips.

As said above, the exhaust is from an EG hatch, and I noticed that the muffler hangs lower than expected. Gonna have to adjust those hangers this break.

My dirty bay. So many things going on :lol:

Those Trust pads add 10 hp each. :thumbs up

Last edited:

Steevotron

I just finished polishing a set of blades, so those will be coming on soon. As for other mods, none come to mind but I'm always finding more stuff to do.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Welcome :) looking to get that exact
Exhaust myself, only have the axleback right now... Sounds like some good plans tho dude :)

bkirshr

User that is Registered
hey thanks! Can't wait for some updates! did you have the windshield tinted at the top? if so, where at and how much did it cost? Mine doesn't have it and driving in the evening sucks with he sun in my face 8) ..lol

Steevotron

Welcome :) looking to get that exact
Exhaust myself, only have the axleback right now... Sounds like some good plans tho dude :)
Thanks man, I got mine for a steal at $190 and I am in love with it lol. While we're at it, might I add your db is real nice.

:D Welcome to the site.
Thank you! Looking forward to learning a lot.

hey thanks! Can't wait for some updates! did you have the windshield tinted at the top? if so, where at and how much did it cost? Mine doesn't have it and driving in the evening sucks with he sun in my face 8) ..lol
Thanks! And yeah that's a windshield tint, it was on the car when I got it so I can't really give a price sorry. I would search yelp for a good shop.

Last edited:

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Thanks man, I got mine for a steal at $190 and I am in love with it lol. While we're at it, might I add your db is real nice.
wow...... If only I were that lucky..... Lol I got the muffler for $100 :p but definitely sounds great :thumbs up and thanks man :mrgreen:

Sammich

paint the valve cover..
this...but before you paint the VC i vote to clean the bay...set aside an hr and some apple juice (since you're under age and cant drink alcohol legally lol) and clean it...all you need is a bucket of soapy water, preferably ajax detergent mixed w/ purple power, a brush, rag and a spray bottle of degreaser and go to work. as far as the VC.....this can be your worse outcome

from this grossness

to this cleanness (still have some odds and ends to tidy up):

looks even better now since i had to replace the dizzy :lol: