newbie with problems

rb20cory

hello guys i just purxhased a civic with a b18/c and have a big problem..the fuse from my cluster kept blowing and out and buy. i think from a 1994 gsr righti put a 30 amp fuse thinking it will resolve the problem,,,,,well my car almost catched on fire the whole engine harness its toasted..
my question its where does the b18c comes from mine says b18c on da blo0ck and come with p72 ecu..
also what kind of harness do i need to buy ..i think from a 94 gsr usdm right

heres the link of the car
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/1838103327.html

Last edited:

rb20cory

i think its from a jdm gsr cause it has p72 stamp on head ...also how do i know from what year and model came my motor

nickypep1

how much would be fair?

Hi im new to the club. Just wondering what would be a good price for a possible 94 acura integra ls sedan thats in the works. The owner claims hes kept up with good maintence on it of course. The car has been in an accident and he just replaced the front bumper. Also the back bumper was coming loose, so he bolted it back on. Back brakes just pass with a .3 something runtime? Front right wheel needs a new tie rod end. There is a small whole in the exhaust as well. 2 front tires are substantial, but might need 2 backs soon. Minnor wheel rust on 2 wheel wells. He's changed the oil every 3000 miles and it seems to run ok. Please give me a straight real price that you would give this car??? :roll:

mirrorimg

the b18c was from the 90-93 integra the b18c1 or b18c5 was from the 94-01 integra
No. Second Gen GS-R's came with a B17. B18C is a JDM motor, where as C1 and C5's are USDM (GS-R and TypeR)

i think its from a jdm gsr cause it has p72 stamp on head ...also how do i know from what year and model came my motor
P72 is the head casting. On the block there will be a stamp. It will tell you what motor it is, as said above by Jayson.

The year will be located on the cylinder head above the exhaust manifold. There will be three circles, one of them will have a Year (9|4 through 0|1).

The reason why your fuse kept blowing is because you have a short somewhere, potentially caused by the previous owner. It is your fault the wiring burned up, as the fuses are at that amperage for a reason. Honda did not put a 10A fuse in there for you to switch it with a 30A. You will need to start testing wires to see why one is pulling so much amperage to blow the fuse.

rb20cory

/yeah i know one last question woul da harnes from b16 woul be compatible withj my motor