Newbies unite

1stGeneration

1stGeneration
Another NEWB .. I just bought a 89 integra.. It seems nice and peppy... Interior and exterior are in OK condition.. Im soo ready to start dumping money into this ride.. I am replacing the front winshield on saturday.. then im off to find some rims...

ANY suggestions on sizing.. right now theyre stock..
check out this link, this is the add of the car I bought...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/car/540525635.html
I did grind them on the price.... I didnt pay the full $1200

I have restored about 3 other cars in the past but this is my first acura .and this one has great potential.. I just have to start digging in.

Any one have any ideas on how large of a wheel i can get under there?? 16? 17?. tire sizing?
.. I do plan on lowering it, tinting windows, and working on the interior and the rims first...

but what size?

1caintegra

type-s and the RS
i roll on 15s go 15 or 16. 17 look dumb on a teg its a go car not a show car and welcome keep us updated

graveyardhippie

looks like a nice g1. i think the way it sits with no fab work, you can put 18's but dont quote me. however i advise nothing bigger than 16. especially if your gonna lower it. my preference is 50series on 15's 195 or 205 i think looks good. but it's all up to how u want it to look.

GSratedR

Rated R
i like the integra! i dont see 1st gens in that color ever lol. i always see black or red or white. i think you should try to find some LSmesh or a set of civic SI wheels. keep it all in the family. congrats.

Backwoodz Tuner

Yeah some 16's would look great. Any bigger expect to pay more money for a camber kit, so your tires won't prematurely wear due to the oversized rims. Jus something to consider when lookin foir rims. I personally roll a set of 17's call me a ricer but I think they look sweet.

Mister_Perkins

Oil Field Worker
15 or 16" ftw.. 17's 18's are too big. Especially if ur going to lower it. Had a 93 civic with 17s and lowered it an inch and it rubbed the fender liners. I'de get some fat 5's for it..

1stGeneration

1stGeneration
Ok thanks for the input... I FOUND SOME WHEELS!!!!
I just bought some FITTAPALDI STAR rims in 15" with tires..

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pts/539528605.html

check those out... they will be on my car this weekend... I picked them up for $175.00
no scrapes or wheel grinds... tires are OK condition.. I will use them for now..

I want to try to lower it this weekend too. If i can find the time..

now im lookin for some seats. the seats are OK condition right now but I want BETTER ONES.. Ive heard that 2 or 3rd generation seats bolt right in ..If not i can MAKE them fit no problem... does anyone KNOW for sure what REAR seat is a straight BOLT IN???

thanks for your help guys

graveyardhippie

check this link for lowering it. http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=13788 as for seats, i believe the 2nd gen crx fronts are 1 bolt hole off, and the 1st gen crx and it's civic counterpart have a good bit of interchangeable parts, but will the seat from either fit correctly? i'm not 100% sure, google some of the 1stgen crx / 3rdgen civic forums to see if they used your seats in their car or vise-versa.

and i think ur gonna like the look of those rims on that car. i think i remember seeing similar on one before and really liked it.