Nighthawk - Pics @ Dawn

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
Got 2 shots I really liked the other day at 7am. Finished installing my new blue Bride ViosIII seats, cleaned up the car and ran out for some pics by the lake.

8-bit

do what now?
like the first picture.
i was like man you friends all wore the same color shirt.

Robbdance

Straight Pipes
Absolutely incredible pictures man.
Love this car, soo nice. The Mugen spoiler is pure sex.
What kind of camera do you use?

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
Thanks guys! I use a Sony a350k DSLR. Love the camera for the most part...still wanna upgrade to a nice Nikon at some point though.

goofygamer

Awesome pictures! How did you take the second, rolling shot? Did you have one of thise poles that's attacked to a suction cup? haha

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
I wish I did. I set a timer on the camera, lunged into the car and drove by the camera lol. Took about 3 roll-byes to get what I wanted. At some point I wanna fab something up to the car to hold it and just Photoshop it out.

EDIT: I focused on the car where I wanted the picture shot, then backed the car up to drive forward through the shot. If that makes sense...

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
Did you post theses pics frist on ti? :lol: just messing with ya

pics are amazing bro, wallpaper worthy! Wish I lived by you, so you could take pics on my ride.

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
The feature I liked the best about the Sony is that the rear LCD swings out and you can position the camera in some pretty crazy ways and still see what you're doing. Comes in really handy for something like this one (where the camera was pretty much on the ground).

goofygamer

I wish I did. I set a timer on the camera, lunged into the car and drove by the camera lol. Took about 3 roll-byes to get what I wanted. At some point I wanna fab something up to the car to hold it and just Photoshop it out.

EDIT: I focused on the car where I wanted the picture shot, then backed the car up to drive forward through the shot. If that makes sense...
Yeah that makes sense. I'll give it a try one day. What shutter speed did you use and how fast were you going?

This is the setup that I was looking to get once I'm finished with my car and hop back onto photography 8)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/phunkyphong/sets/72157626072709256/

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Rig shots are nice, luckily I have a friend to borrow one from. Car's looking good, PA FTW

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
That doesnt look cheap by any means lol. I'm too clumsy for that, I'd probably hit somebody's mailbox with the camera without thinking haha.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
You don't have to go fast with it, long shutter and a smooth road is all you need.

Here's my turd with the rig attached.