Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 4-6-2013

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 4-13-2013

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters

XjoEnX

Date decided! Saturday 4/13/13!!

Hi homies. Let's meet up in March/April to chill, talk, swap ideas, do the pho challenge, take pics, go to Chinatown and buy swords and ninja stars, whatever there is to do in gay San Francisco. Encouraging all NorCal members to come out.

The actual purpose of the meetup is to get to know those members not met yet. I'd also like to caravan out to Twin Peaks and Lombard St. for photos if you guys have time. I strongly suggest you keep your navigation system handy since the way to both these locations have numerous traffic light stops and the group will get separated. I took a trip to San Francisco today and snapped some photos with my phone. I think we could meet here on Treasure Island before we congregate out to the city for pics. Let me know what you guys think and we'll get the ball rolling.

Itinerary (if you arrive late and no one is present, assume the natural and head out to the next location) :thumbs up :
10am - 12pm: Meet at Treasure Island to hang out/meet & greet. If you arrive and we are not present here, drive further down to the Naval Airship Helipad Square and check there.
12pm - 1:30pm (or longer depending on traffic and shoot times): Lombard St. Shoot.
1:30pm - End of day: We'll also head to Twin Peaks for anyone interested and will be there or hanging in the city until the sunsets per request of dopematic

Meet here:

Here's a pic of the location.

I originally wanted to do the meet further down the Pan-American Esplanade by the Sailing Center but there are currently a s***load of freight containers and construction materials covering the entire lot. If by the time we're there in March or April and that's all cleared out, that's where we'll be instead of the above location.

Second plan is to drive into the city where I'll find parking and post up at Lombard St. for you guys to drive down and I (maybe Peara?) snap pics. Here's two great angles I found of the street:

Photo courtesy of http://prolifik-one.com/tag/acura-nsx/

Photo courtesy of DigitalBlind.com at http://digitalblind.com/2011/05/the-crookedest-street-in-the-world/

Thirdly, we can also cruise to Twin Peaks for pics if anyone is up for it. Note that this place is a tourist attraction so it'll be difficult to find parking due to limited space. Also note that the road leading up and down Twin Peaks is pretty rough so if your car has bounce issues like s***ty shocks or s***ty springs, you may want to sit this out. I'd like to snap pics from the highest point overlooking the city but also catching members cars on this curve I took a pic of today:

1. XjoEnX
2. Samurai Blue
3. Zawn
4. dopematic
5. Local (SoCal in the house!)
6. goofygamer
7. The Kev
8. OGstackadolla
9. simplels
10. Swerve
11. JDMxDB8 (SoCal in the house!)
12. Smackassvtec
13. andreialta
14. Creamy_Dc4
15. jdmkraziestyles
16. maxoutracer
17. redturtle
18. JDGSR

Last edited:

dopematic

That would be the perfect place to snap some pics like these on. I've always wanted to haha

Last edited:

goofygamer

Just found out that my boss will be visiting Vietnam in March, also. Just my luck. I'm going to see what day he's leaving. I'll vote for March 9th, though.