obd1 to obd2 conversion

samplinva

Ok I have a 95 Integra and i live in a relativly small town. There is only one shop in this town that has an OBD1 reader. And i took my integra there once and will never do it again. So, i am thinking about switching to an OBD2 i found the conversion thing on line but was just wondering if any of you have done it and if you can tell me any tricks. Is it worth doing? thanks

acclude

cheap bastard
you don't need a code reader for OBD1

here's the instructions for pulling your own codes:
http://www.c-speedracing.com/faq/06.php

Second, DON'T GO TO OBD2!!!!!!!
You would need to change out your exhaust to accomodate a second O2 sensor, make changes to the engine wiring to accomodate for the second crank sensor, and quite a few other miscelaneous things.

Not to mention the conversion harness is probably an OBD2 to OBD1 harness which does you no good since you are already OBD1.

Spend 30 seconds pulling your own codes or spend $600+ converting your car for no good reason. It's up to you :what:

robo

1995 acura integra obd1 car to 2001 obd2 posible

is it possible to match a1995 acura integra car obd1 ecu to a 2001 vtech obd 2 engine and ecu

phatintegra

Banned
No because OBD2 need to be hooked more sensor like the secondary O2 Sensor and you will need a OBD2 dizzy and some other stuff. It's not worth it.