OEM Headlighs and HID conversion.

Rayda9

Looking for a good HID conversion with my OEM headlight assembly on a 91 teg RS da9 body..

What do I need and what do I need to do? Looking for a good system but still fairly cheap.. I'm not made of money afterall lol. Real answers, no snobs or pricks please.

Mike61096

17 yr. old Integra Modder
Looking for a good HID conversion with my OEM headlight assembly on a 91 teg RS da9 body..

What do I need and what do I need to do? Looking for a good system but still fairly cheap.. I'm not made of money afterall lol. Real answers, no snobs or pricks please.
Kensun makes great kits. Get a 6000k for your low beams

DarkDB1

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/Hid/conversions/conversions.html

Adding a PNP HID kit will not improve your visibility by much but it will blind other drivers and in most states, It's illegal to use on roads.

The G2 has flute lines that are angled in the way to disperse halogen bulbs evenly across the road, Adding more brightness will just scatter the light everywhere... The proper way to do a HID kit is getting a retrofit kit ($200+) and a set of headlights with a clear lens ($200?)

like so

96LSteg

Jemel
I want to know what is the cheapest way to do a retrofit? Cant I just go to the junkyard and find a wrecked maxima and just take all the sh** out of it? I would prefer to not spend $200+ on projectors...

TheSkygun

you could do that, or you can go onto hidplanet.com and check the for sale thread. thats how i got everything i needed

TheSkygun

projectors
bulbs
ballasts
wire harness
new headlights (optional)
clear lens for the projectors (optional but recommended)

96LSteg

Jemel
and so lets say i get maxima projectors. I need to by maxima bulbs correct? and don't the newer cars like a maxima come with ballasts since they have HIDs from the factory?

TheSkygun

you just need bulbs that are the same fitment, like how g3 tegs are 9006, so any 9006 bulb will work
my rx330 are ds2 so any ds2 bulb will work

i have ddm tuning ballasts, philips bulbs, custom made harness, hidplanet.com projectors from a member

you could buy ballasts and bulbs from ddmtuning.com and it will work

96LSteg

Jemel
ok cool...last question lol when you say harness, what does this harness plug in to? from the headlight cable on my teg to the ballast?

TheSkygun

battery, a ground, he ballast, and to the socket headlight so it knows when to turn on.

ill be making a diy soon on retro