OEM Sunroof Plastic Film For Brackets

camqurs

Hello People,

How are you guys? I picked up an OEM Integra Sunroof visor with the clips. I was looking at some PDFs on how to install this thing (referencing a Honda Civic sunroof visor). The instructions mentioned using a clear plastic film around the lip of the sunroof so the bracket has some barrier/ protection against the metal-to metal contact.

I called Honda about this film but they said it comes in the sunroof kit. What is an alternative for this film?( I really don't want to just attach the clip against the metal b/c sooner or later it will rust and give other problems)

Thanks for your opinion

bkirshr

User that is Registered
ugh. I want one of these. You can probably just use anything that's thin and bendable. Plastic, foam, or maybe fabric would work. It's just to separate the metals from each other, right?

camqurs

haha, yeah the same thing I need that you need. I thought about aluminum foil but then it will leave a bit of a gap for water. I called 3M Canada to ask if they have something that I can use OR a name of the product so I can check in an autoparts store.

I guess we could use cloth, or a plastic foam but is that going to protect it like the film? I will keep you posted on what the guy says from 3M. I left him a message,

bkirshr

User that is Registered
I meant that I need a sunroof visor, but in that case, I would also need the separator too haha. Sounds good