Oil from breather on valve cover?

Raceready603

I've searched around, cant find anyone with my exact situation here but maybe I'm wrong. Anywho, 1995 LS b18b1. I'm running turbo, (low boost). I just noticed that the breather on the back of the valve cover seems to be turning black with oil over time. It was fine all last year (ran the whole year, no work done or added parts). This year I went to break her out for the season and its been out, maybe two or three times. Noticed the blackness on a red breather. Elected to change it.

Got a new red one, after 3 or 4 times out, its black again. NOW, I notice that I have oil coming down the front corner of the head, and more recently noticed (2 days ago) blue smoke upon idle but it comes and goes and is not heavy smoke (yet). So I'm thinking that problem there is a head gasket and I've been referred to go multi layer steel, not Fel pro which I have had in there.

Is the breather oil leak/burn related to this issue? Or is this something on its own?

Moetegra

The blue smoke is oil burning, and by you saying that your breather is getting oil on it sound like you might have oil passages block in the head not allowing the oil to leak back down to the block, so the oil seams to be going though the valves, and though the breather try running some sea foam through your engine to clean that up. If not you will have to remove the valve cover to try and clean out the passages.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Right. Blue smoke is burning oil.

Turbo causes excessive blowby and honda pcv does not flow.

Your blowby buildup is forcing oil out the breather on the valve cover.

Get a catch can with breather. Delete the pcv and run it to the same catch can.

Turbo is why your burning oil.

Raceready603

thank you guys. will try. any idea of how the catch can hooks up? I do have one, just haven't used it

Raceready603

its totally fine on cold start. drive a mile or 2 and she'll smoke a little when you come to a stop and only when you're stopped. driving, nothing.