oil pressure gauge

xZachTheRipper8

im looking to install an autometer electric oil pressure gauge and i know alot of people just use a sandwich plate but i was looking to maybe see if anyone knows of a way to install it without buying a sandwich plate? i know there is a sensor in my head that doesnt have anywires running to it so im guessing its not really serving a purpose so i was thinking about putting it in there but i want to see if anyone else has installed them without sandwich plates

dlo253

I ran a braided line straight from where the stock oil pressure sensor went. Some people run a T fitting off that to keep the oil light functional.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
I have my oil pressure sensor installed in the stock location. You can leave the stock connector unplugged, the dummy light wont light unless the circut is closed (low pressure <5psi). You dont need the stock pressure sensor, its completely useless.

The stock thread is 1/8" BSPT but 1/8" NPT is nearly identical and will not harm the threads. I dont know if autometer still uses that big honking pressure sender. If they do then it is too big to hang off the block unsupported and you will need to mount the sensor on the chasis and make a hose to bridge the gap.

xZachTheRipper8

so i can just take the stock oil pressure sensor out and put my sending unit it for my gauge and it wont set the oil light or anything?

xZachTheRipper8

badass guys! i love this place aha people are so helpful! im hopefully going to get it put in today along with my new short shifter:D