Ok i need some help deciding on something.

jdean41

Ive been trying to decide what build i wanna do. Ive got my decision down to doing lsvtec or b20 vtec. Today i got to drive one of each that just happened to be in DA's and they were both baller as hell lol. I cant decide which one i wanna do. Ive done alot of research and i just cant make up my mind. Give me some opinions please! And once i decide i start my build thread.

Prozon

Kris
I think affordability is a big factor. How much are you looking to spend?
I would guess you could do LSv-tec for cheaper then you would a B20 swap.

NebulousGSR

I think that a b20vtec engine would be way better. I have a couple of friends that have them and they are pretty reliable, whereas I have seen too many lsvtec builds go wrong.

jdean41

Thats what ive been thinking as well. I priced both builds for what i wanna do and they are about the same, the b20 cost just a few dollars more. Either way im building the bottom end so i can actually rev higher. Im totally leaning towards b20.

heykosal

Angkorian
They're both VTEC converted non-VTEC engines. B20 has .2 liter more displacement.

Let your wallet decide.

jdean41

Oh it will. the block will be stripped cleaned and re sleeved and ill probably go high compression. pistons and everything. and yes they are both vtec conversions but there are very subtle differences in performance. b20 just sounds right lol

nicoalex2

I think affordability is a big factor. How much are you looking to spend?
I would guess you could do LSv-tec for cheaper then you would a B20 swap.
Using the block you have now would make it cheaper, but you want to make sure its a healthy block. If you plan on boosting later alos stick with the ls vtec. If you want to go all motor I would say you would have more fun the b20v. You can put that together while still driving your car until its done.

jdean41

i dont like boost lol. im going all motor. which is why i decided on the b20. im looking for a nice healthy b20 block right now. then im gonna get a b16 head. im gonna build the dogshit out of it lol

WAR 178

Premium User
if you are going to do all the work to the block anyway, you can source the B18 block for a lil cheaper and have it bored out to 2.0 and have the sleeper effect with the block reading B18! g/l