Overheating problems continue.

OneFastGSR

I been having a overheating problem on my car for last couple weeks. I always shut the car off before it went over 190 degrees. Everywhere i go i been watching the temp on laptop through hondata.
I already changed my water pump, thermostat, flushed my motor and radiator nothing is clogged up, Checked my radiator hoses etc. I bled the air in the hoses and everything. I did a compression test and every cylinder is came out as 210. No milky oil. Oil is royal purple perfectly clear. It's filled with anti freeze and i always check it recently. No smoke out the exhaust. Whenever i have the radiator cap off and press the gas white smoke comes out the radiator though. Only thing i can think of is like a warped head, headgasket blown, or having a cat on a full built motor. I just don't think it can be a warped head or headgasket blown with no milky oil or perfect compression etc.

Edit: Might want to add only error code on my car is 41 - 02 sensor heater.

Last edited:

OneFastGSR

Whenever i'm in stop and go traffic or something it's going to overheat. The faster I drive the cooler it gets, The slower I drive the hotter it gets. If I drove down the freeway 100 mph it's going to run super super cool. If i'm driving through town it gets hot if I hit alot of red lights or so.

For example if i'm going through town 35 mph, it'll be running pretty hot. I can get on the freeway and do a couple pulls hit vtec and everything. It'll run cooler than in town because i'm going pretty fast.

When i say it gets hot. I mean the temp just keeps going up. I always shut off the car before it gets over 190 degrees.

72Spitfire

You mention a fully built motor. Does this engine have very low miles on it, like breaking in? A new engine will generate new heat due to added friction.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
How certain are you that the fan comes on when its supposed to? What did you do to check? The driving scenario does usually suggest the fan isnt doing its job. Maybe its not spinning fast enough. What kind of coolant are you using? Perhaps theres a clog somewhere. Have you observed your overflow tank at different times?

fyi, reposting in the same thread rather than starting a new one is more beneficial because people dont have to guess at what steps youve already taken. We arent gonna memorize what you already did and probably too lazy to look up the old one as i am.

I also concur that the gasket or head leak would be evident somewhere. But thats limited to my experiences and reading thus far.

OneFastGSR

To make sure the fan was coming on i let it idle until i hit 180 degrees and than you can hear/feel the fan kick on if you put your hand in front of it you can feel it blowing air. Using Peak anti-freeze water mix 50/50. The overflow tank sometimes is alot more full than other times. Whenever i turn off the motor like parking it'll shoot alot of the coolant into the overflow tank.

OneFastGSR

I always thought operating temp was 170-180 and if it got up to about 190+ i just need to shut it off before it starts messing stuff up. Anyone can confirm operating temp for a stock integra?

scubajosh12

91 Integra

sorry i was off a few degrees but basic test of the coolant temp sensor at operating temp 185-215. now a days cars will run a little warm cause the are running leaner

LsTeg97

Power_Hitter
does ur ac blow cold air??? may sound weird but i was empty when i had this same problem..did everything as you did and when i recharged it my temp went back to normal...My fans worked, changed thermostat out and replaced hoses, and flushed the radiator as well, nothing changed until i recharged my ac....dont know if that was a flaw or wat but it fixed it...so might just want to check that out as well...

had a friend tell me once....that if theres too much pressure it will shut down....and if there's not enough it will shut down as well...
kind of make sense in a way... hope you get it fixed man....