Paint care suggestions and Tips

j13

Keep It Clean
You could probably tell a good painter to sand down the crusty clear coat and reshoot it with clear... as far as scratches go a auto paint pen..but sometimes it doesn't come out so well. and auto paint pens come out better with white and black cars. Every other color has to be exact macthing paint tone

teggygrl08

BBHG.. one love.
i use:

for now.. it helps a little but not significantly.. my flamenco black pearl integra also came from florida so it has some sun damage on the roof area. this protects it pretty well for now, but i bought a car cover so it won't get worse. once your clear starts fading like that you can't do too much besides respray.

and for the scratch on the rear bumper.. i have one too and i went to autozone and picked up some touch up paint. luckily they had my (almost) exact color.

Last edited:

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
To remove the parking stickers, I'd scrape them off with a razor blade, then use Goo Gone to take off the adhesive junk.

Pick up some touch up paint from Acura for your scratches, it'll be perfectly color matched.

The sun damage is a lost cause, the only way to eliminate that is to get the area completely reshot with fresh paint. But to make it look as good as it can for now, I guess I'd clay bar the area, then polish it, then wax it.

And I say 98-01 tails, keep the wing and the wiper :werd:

Last edited:

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
To remove the parking stickers, I'd scrape them off with a razor blade, then use Goo Gone to take off the adhesive junk.

Pick up some touch up paint from Acura for your scratches, it'll be perfectly color matched.

The sun damage is a lost cause, the only way to eliminate that is to get the area completely reshot with fresh paint. But to make it look as good as it can for now, I guess I'd clay bar the area, then polish it, then wax it.

And I say 98-01 tails, keep the wing and the wiper :werd:
I agree. Goo Gone does wonders. Used it to help remove the adhesive stuff when I removed my FIT badge.