Paint HELP

GUCRO

So im doing body work and spraying with primer. I wanna go with a flat black or white. Ive heard your suppose to spray on clear coat for sealant? so primer,matte black or white,then clear coat? If somebody can drop some knowledge on me. thanks in advance

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk

HonDaReal

Dont do flat black thats an old fad lol gloss looks so mich nicer in my opinion. Flat just looks cheap and like a beater car.

GUCRO

Naa im tired of the gloss. I was thinking black hood n lip and the rest white. Just want something different. Maybe gloss with that scheme? Lol hmm didnt think of that

steve-o_585

Primer, base coat, then if your doin flat color, u will need flat clear coat, not glossy clear coat

ATEGGY94

flat (matte) black doesn't get primed the white will if u go that route
but depending on where your currently at i can help i went to school for auto body and know a thing or two about painting

GUCRO

Im still kinda stuck on the scheme but I got the primer on my front lip and working on the hood. Probably gnna go with white for tha rest Idk. Any suggestions?

SilverSophie

You think white with black hood and lip is different?? Lmao. It's the cheap carbon fiber look aka everyone does it. Look around its more common than you think.

And I agree, flat paint is a B***H to spray and maintain. If you get a scratch you cant buff it out like you can on a glossy clear. If your not a skilled painter don't even attempt a flat paint job.... Just dont.

And its primer, Sealer, basecoat, then clear. For a quality job. But its all in the prep.

I feel like I'm answering similar questions like these on here everyday...?

phinattic

For a flat finish I would use a single stage enamel with a satin or flat finish and forget the base and clear coat. one application and your done instead of doing it twice. Its cheaper and will look as good as the base clear. Although I agree that the flat black paint thing is played out just makes it look like you didnt have the money to finish the job.

GUCRO

not too many around here. And we head to the drift events about twice a month. Ive done enough projects to paint just wasnt sure about the whole process