Pet Python Kills Toddler

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
Again today horrific news out of central Florida. A small child that was sleeping peacefully in her crib was strangled to death by her mother's boyfriend's pet python.

The mother, Jaren Hare, was inside the home when the incident occured. The boyfriend, Charles Darnell, did not have a permit for the snake and also owns a boa constrictor.

The snake apparently escaped from its cage overnight and strangled the girl, who was also bitten on the forehead. Darnell stabbed the animal, which was wrapped around the girl's neck, and pulled the girl away before calling 911, deputies said. It was too late.

Matt Harrison, a Critter Control employee who has worked with pythons for more than eight years, said these animals are extremely strong. "A 12-foot snake is kind of like having a truck sitting on your chest. They have enough power not only to asphyxiate you, but to break bones as well," said Harrison, who added that stabbing a python would not force the animal to release its prey."

Why own animals that are known to kill?

Source: Yahoo News

how sad is that? i'd be devastated.

mirrorimg

This is one reason why I no longer have snakes. Not sure what I feel the owner should be charged with.
The owner didn't have a permit and the snake killed some one. I would say that's as bad as an unlicensed driver running some one over. That guy should go to jail for a very long time.

The owner didn't have a permit and the snake killed some one. I would say that's as bad as an unlicensed driver running some one over. That guy should go to jail for a very long time.
Yeah but not every state has rules on permits for snakes..

I mean driving with no license is a FEDERAL offense.. I'm sure this would be a city or state offense not federal.

I don't see a problem with owning snakes.. However when they get that large they should not be in a home. AND not around kids..

I had a 15ft Albino Burmese Python before I got married and had kids.. I would never do that again...

G3GirL

i think a lot of people get snakes when they're smaller, then let 'em go when they're bigger and they don't want to take care of it anymore. irresponsible pet owners suck. personally, snakes creep me out so it's not a big deal for me.

i highly doubt they had the snake's enclosure secured properly. that is the owner's fault and the mother's for not making sure before letting that thing live in the house with a two-year old around (or any age, for that matter). the snake was just being a snake.

what a tragedy.

G3GirL

can you imagine waking up to something like that??

i would punch that snake in the fucking head.

pluckt007

Fat guy in a little coat.
punch a snake? ha, that would look funny. Your all "come here, mutha fucka", and pow!
i dont know about that one. i thinks its the moms fault. hers alone.

my turtle bits finger tips. sometimes it hurts. and everybody remains ALIVE.