pictures of my turbo setup

Prozon

Kris
He didn't mention the brand so I assumed it was. I'm all for the eBay turbo. I want to see more people running them. Put down some of those stereotypes about them being so horrific. Half the people who say they're bad is because they hear about one guy who had a bad experience with one and it gets multiplied tenfold.

I'm going to rock the shit out of an eBay turbo for the rest of my cars life.
And rub it in their faces. >: )

gs300cky

im goin for the godspeed turbo and probably a legit intercooler and injectors but ya there are some good stuff on ebay but its a gamble sometimes

dateg88

Yea its a eBay Turbo but brand really doesn't matter its the person that's putting it on. You always here how bad eBay Turbo kits are and that's because u have stupid people throwning them on there cars and turning the boost up and bitching that the Turbo kit blew there motor up. No stupid u did lol. But yea its running really good having a lil problem were my two step will stay on and not let me rev over 3.2 but its getting fixead now

Prozon

Kris
I hear more about the turbo itself failing, but your right. As long as you know what your doing and get the proper oil lines going. I've heard of too much oil pressure killing the eBay turbos, but I think it's better to not run an oil restrictor and just have a good size oil return.

Yea its a eBay Turbo but brand really doesn't matter its the person that's putting it on. You always here how bad eBay Turbo kits are and that's because u have stupid people throwning them on there cars and turning the boost up and b****ing that the Turbo kit blew there motor up. No stupid u did lol. But yea its running really good having a lil problem were my two step will stay on and not let me rev over 3.2 but its getting fixead now
Granted that a majority of the time it is idiots who blow up turbos because they half ass the builds or install, but I have disagree with you that the brand doesn't matter. The quality of materials used by Garrett, Precision Turbos, MHI, Turbonetics, etc. far outclasses the knock offs that are sold on eBay.

The car looks good though. Is that an eBay CBV or is it an actual Greddy?

Prozon

Kris
It doesn't look to be like an actual Greddy one. I agree with you Paden, but I just don't agree with people when they talk shit about eBay turbo's because they have heard the horror stories. I know someone who's been running an eBay turbo for over three years now and has not had any issues with it. He just knows what he's doing.

It doesn't look to be like an actual Greddy one. I agree with you Paden, but I just don't agree with people when they talk s*** about eBay turbo's because they have heard the horror stories. I know someone who's been running an eBay turbo for over three years now and has not had any issues with it. He just knows what he's doing.
I'm with you bro. It can work if you do it right.
I've seen morons with $10k set ups blow their shit up on the dyno and there are people like your buddy running eBay set ups that last. There is always that small portion of the bell curve at the far ends, and the majority right there in the middle. My point is that the majority of the time eBay turbo kits are combined with morons disaster strikes.

dateg88

I also agree that garret and other name brands are better quality but I was just saying that there not as bad as people make them seem. Just an update I kept the rims in the second pic and planning on painting the lip purple. The same purple as my Nov.

Primoce

Frequent Blogger
I like this thread... Im waiting on this next paycheck. I will order my EBAY special turbo kit... probably by Godspeed. I really need to start a build thread, and update it...