Plastic tubing underneath Passenger front fender

Integgy95

I recently removed my front fender on my passenger side due to a very slight fender bender to bang the dent out and noticed that there was a big plastic tubular thing that make a huge hole in the framework of the car. It goes behind the ABS unit, but from what i could see, it had no purpose being there because it didn't connect to anything. What is this part and what is it's purpose and could I remove it without any problems occurring? I kind of wish I had taken a picture of it when i had it off.

pinatigerdc4

It's got to be one of the 2 they said ^^ if its a big white box. Then yeah that's the resonator box.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

94RS

No fucks given.
Or they could have chopped the box off and kept the tubing for some reason.

Skidmarks

Cascade Honda Crew
Probably the resonator box, hard to tell without seeing a pic though. I have a question for you OP. When you said it's not connected to anything, do you have a short ram air intake, or some kind of after market intake that has a cone air filter?

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
It's not the resonator box, it's the very top of the factory intake. The resonator box has to be removed for any cold air intake to be installed. The intake side of the resonator box travels back up under the fender and to a black plastic elbow. The elbow takes in air from the engine compartment near the ABS unit so water has the least possible chance of getting into the engine, which is why there is a large hole there.
During an intake install, most people wont bother with removing the fender to get that little piece of the intake off.
You can remove it without any problems. I assume your car has an aftermarket intake and the resonator box is removed since that part is not attached to anything.

http://www.team-integra.net/images/BAEC1978-D3A7-4405-AB2D-2761DC15A96D/articles/surferx/stockintake.jpg

That link shows the factory intake from the front of the car. The piece you're talking about is the very top elbow near the arrow.

Integgy95

Merlins Beard: Thank you for letting me know about what it was. Now i know I can get rid of it.

When I got the car, the factory air box was removed and they stuck this Spectre air cone on it and it's filthy. replacing with V2 AEM CAI soon.