polishing my GSR blades

p27rpy

Well i bought some blades off this guy in dallas, and they looked a bit beat up. they had a little bit of curb rash and everything, and were looking a bit tired. so i decided id grab my sander, and get to work! it was a really tedious process, taking about 3 hours per wheel, but in the end i think it was worth it. i only have pics of working right now, and ill get some more pics up once i get them put on the integra. let me know what yall think!
a spoke before sanding:

after sanding, before polishing:

after polishing:

two finished ones from start to finish:
removing the clearcoat:

sanding (dry sand from 150-600 grit)

the oh-my-god-what-have-i-done-to-my-beautiful-wheels-after-the-150-grit-sandpaper-look.

after dry sanding:

and on to wet sanding (800-1500 grit)

after wet sanding:

polishing with a 4,000 rpm buffing motor:

and the finished product!:

they look great, and all the imperfections are gone-they look brand new! if your wheels are pretty beat up, i highly
PS click the pics to make them full size in a new window!

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Nice I love those wheels. I love them even more when they are polished. Nice write up.

Also those wheels turned out beautiful, have any on car pics?

p27rpy

the wheels arent on the car just yet, but keep checkin back cause ill hopefully have them on in a week or so. thanks for the comments!

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I was thinking about getting some of those. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get hem for?

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I was thinking about getting a set for my teg. I dont like the fat fives or the LS meshs on a 2nd gen. The blades seem to look good on anything.

p27rpy

g3teg97 said:
I was thinking about getting some of those. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get hem for?
i got three of them for 170 (plus a bent one to practice sanding on, and another one for 70. i think i got a pretty good deal.

and yes, i think blades look good on nearly anything. ive been waiting to get them for so long...

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
p27rpy said:
i got three of them for 170 (plus a bent one to practice sanding on, and another one for 70. i think i got a pretty good deal.

and yes, i think blades look good on nearly anything. ive been waiting to get them for so long...
unless you got tall ass tires on em

1991TeGgY Ls

they can be a real bitch to find...then u gotta worry about people trying to steal them...wheel locks ehhh i dont think so if the assholes want them there gonna get them