ported or sealed?

oppi-10

yin yin
im building a new box and i was just wondering what you guys think i should get, ported or sealed, and also why i should get one or the other? i have 3 bazooka liquid cooled triangle subs with a 1500rms bazooka amp

Joshmmc

That system sounds pretty insane. Boxes are preferance, and it also depends on the style of music you enjoy.

A sealed box will create more of a quick, loud, hard hit which will reverberate extremely, causing more car vibration than a ported box.

A ported box creates more of a sustained hit. The tone drags out a little bit longer, and the bass is more full and deep. The bass is more distinguished when the subwoofer is working less, since it's easier to produce noticable sound with a ported box.

In reality, it's not a huge, huge difference, especially if the subwoofer is hitting from behind seats. It depends on what you like. To me, I get better listening pleasure out of a ported box because the sound kind of cleaner and more full. As far as impressing people that you drive past; a sealed box will probably create a bit more of an insta-headache smack.

oppi-10

yin yin
That system sounds pretty insane. Boxes are preferance, and it also depends on the style of music you enjoy.

A sealed box will create more of a quick, loud, hard hit which will reverberate extremely, causing more car vibration than a ported box.

A ported box creates more of a sustained hit. The tone drags out a little bit longer, and the bass is more full and deep. The bass is more distinguished when the subwoofer is working less, since it's easier to produce noticable sound with a ported box.

In reality, it's not a huge, huge difference, especially if the subwoofer is hitting from behind seats. It depends on what you like. To me, I get better listening pleasure out of a ported box because the sound kind of cleaner and more full. As far as impressing people that you drive past; a sealed box will probably create a bit more of an insta-headache smack.
ha theres no worry on being loud enough to impress, i can be heard for a few blocks away. im just lookin for the cleanest sounding box, the box thats there not is a compeition box made to hit one db really hard, i got it up to 146 decibles. but as of what i listen to i listen to a bunch of things, somdays its hip hop some days its rock or metal just depends how i feel. thanks for your info ill probley end up getting ported, although if i get a sealed box i'll be able to make it abit smaller

BoostinTEG

if you want spl go ported,
if you want sound quality go sealed.
Dont go bandpass.
Ive heard bad things about pyramid but iv'e never had first hand experience with their products.
In the next couple of months im hoping to drop a Fi BTL 18" subwoofer in my teg along with a alpine 2000 watt amplifier.