possible over heating an amplifier under the seat?

j13

Keep It Clean
I got a no-name amp and sub today, my car already had a Hotwire and Ground, Receiver wire and Auxiliary so i tested it..hits hard. im always throwing heavy things in the back and i run the risk of knocking the crap out of the amp..can i just shove it under the seat and call it a day without over heating? i did a search and it seems this is an issue..but these were other types of cars. give me some ideas! I'm not much of an electronic/audio person..ill rather be a grease monkey under the car (even though people think im a wizard when it comes to electronics)

where do you guys have your amps located

Prozon

Kris
My amp is right on top of my sub box, under the cargo cover. Not a whole lot of room between the two and it doesn't seem to heat up.

BeatBox

Real Good!
def keep it where there some air to cool it down, i have mine on the floor behind the passenger seat, then again i dont have a "normal" system lol

coy's idea is a good choice!

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
I have two amps, one under the passenger seat and the other mounted to the rear seat. No issues with either.
Only pic I have...

DarkAngelGSR

*JDM Approved*
Under the seat can be okay depending on the size and load the amp provides. Best best is on the back of rear seat like shown in pics posted so far.

j13

Keep It Clean
thanks guys for the replies, one more question, does the ground wire have to be short? mine is about a foot long (that's what she said) and i wanna get one a little longer to widen my options on location. i don't think its long enough to be mounted in the back seat

mount it on the rear seat with self-tapping screws.

cool tip, looks just like my car..crazy!

Jackmldog

Jack
thanks guys for the replies, one more question, does the ground wire have to be short? mine is about a foot long (that's what she said) and i wanna get one a little longer to widen my options on location. i don't think its long enough to be mounted in the back seat

cool tip, looks just like my car..crazy!
two things about ground. Make it the same gauge as the positive from battery and sand down where you will ground it to. I ran mine under my rear carpet to the strut tower and it was 18". No problemo.