Power Lock and Window Problems...

Kumokosi-Kun

I have a 96 GS-R, and here is my current issue. When I bought the car, the windows both went down. But when I hit the switch for the door locks, only one would lock. Sometimes two. That was my first sign of worry. At this point and time, none of my windows do not roll down. And my power locks only work when the door is opened to an angle. And only one would still work. I believe it might be the wiring, but that's why I'm open to other opinions. I bought another window switch, thinking it was that, but when I put it in, the windows still didn't go down. If it was the regulator, wouldn't I at least hear it trying to roll down, or does it just die out completely?

I've waited about 2 months before I discussed this, just thinking it was a one time error. I say it could possibly be my wiring as well because the car had a few cut and tampered wires when I bought the car. Can someone please help? I'm tired of sweating like a beast because my sunroof won't provide enough air!

whitedc4

can you hear the locks and windows trying to work? or is it just silent when you hit the buutons?

Kumokosi-Kun

can you hear the locks and windows trying to work? or is it just silent when you hit the buutons?
It's dead silent when I hit the windows. The Power Locks make a noise, but they only work once in a blue moon.

I found this useful for troubleshooting door lock issues - http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/3331188-post4.html

As for the windows, any blown fuses?
I just replaced all the fuses, but I'll check again. Any legends online? I don't have one.

gs-r96

I have a 96 GS-R, and here is my current issue. When I bought the car, the windows both went down. But when I hit the switch for the door locks, only one would lock. Sometimes two. That was my first sign of worry. At this point and time, none of my windows do not roll down. And my power locks only work when the door is opened to an angle. And only one would still work. I believe it might be the wiring, but that's why I'm open to other opinions. I bought another window switch, thinking it was that, but when I put it in, the windows still didn't go down. If it was the regulator, wouldn't I at least hear it trying to roll down, or does it just die out completely?

I've waited about 2 months before I discussed this, just thinking it was a one time error. I say it could possibly be my wiring as well because the car had a few cut and tampered wires when I bought the car. Can someone please help? I'm tired of sweating like a beast because my sunroof won't provide enough air!
its probably your door lock actuator if theres no fuses blown and for the window check your switches anothere thing to do put power and ground straight to the window motor and if it opens and closes all the time then its not your window motor, just make sure when applying power and ground make sure what wire is power and what wire is to close and to open

Kumokosi-Kun

its probably your door lock actuator if theres no fuses blown and for the window check your switches anothere thing to do put power and ground straight to the window motor and if it opens and closes all the time then its not your window motor, just make sure when applying power and ground make sure what wire is power and what wire is to close and to open
Wow. Get this guys. So I had a hour break between class, and I printed out 3 different fuse cover legends. Two were no good, so I followed the third one I had. I have a few good sets of spare fuses in the car, but I'm probably off by like one or two. None of the fuses were blown, but I pretty much had to switch and move around ALL of them. I started my car, and the first thing I noticed is on Accessories, the head unit cuts right now. That might be one of the lower fuses I had to put in until I buy more 20A's. However, both my power locks work! And perfectly even!

Tried the window, and no luck. At this point, I double checked, and probably had one misplaced. Turned the car on again, and I had the same problem with the head unit, but my drivers side window now rolls down. But NOT the passengers. So now my door locks work, even when I lock it from outside, and my drivers side window. But my head unit cuts out instantly, and my passengers side window still doesn't go down. Maybe when I get the 20A fuses, they might work, but if not, Comments?

EDIT: Replaced all the fuses. Drivers side went down, doors locked, but now my indicator lights won't come on, and my radiator fan stopped working. Ugh. I hate electrical problems. I brought it to my local shop, cause I'd hate to ruin it anymore. I'll let you guys know the end result.