Power washing engine bay

suzuki714

Nothing that i know of... I have a short ram open intake and I pressure wash my bay with a 6,000 psi steam washer at work and I have had no problems done it 3 times so far with no problems. Just don’t be dumb and stay away from important things like wires.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Cover you electrical. There is a write-up in here, I believe. I remember reading in Jayson's thread and he had a pretty basic set of instructions to follow

atexanone

i know to at least cover the fuse box & distributor cap anything else? should I be worried about my hid wires?

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Soaking your electrical sounds like a poor idea IMO, but I just hand wash my bay for the most part. Taking some extra time to take care of your car is always worth it, buddy

atexanone

I just picked this TEG up a month ago engine bay is filthy everytime you get under the hood you leave with black smudges Id rather take a degreaser to the entire bay and wash off what I can than try to detail the whole thing

suzuki714

If it stops running by washing it it shouldn’t be driven in the first place that’s my modo. And what’s bad about fuses getting wet? They should be water tight from the factory

JGvtec

I would be careful too if i was cleaning the engine bay. Power washing really won't do much. If the stuff is baked on you will have to use a de greaser. I d rather degrease the engine bay and use a hose rather than a power washer. All you need is some brushes, rags, tooth brushes and some elbow grease and you can do a lot.

Prozon

Kris
I pressure wash my engine bays all the time and never cover up anything. Basically everything important is water tight. Just avoid spraying water into your intake.

My pressure washer sprays at 4000psi.. Suzuki mentioned his was 6000psi.
I think you're safe to spray the bay. :)