Questions about Comptech 4-2-1 Header

simplels

Tri-Y header with comptech badge for $80! :D

Hi guys,

There's this guy who wants to sell these Comptech 4-2-1 Headers to me for $100..

I tried searching and it looks like there are two versions of these, could anyone help me identify which one these are and do they look legit?

The guy is kind of far away so I want to make sure before i drive out there..

-thanks in advance..

Last edited:

simplels

the welds on the comptech badge don't look legit.. as if someone just welded them on there for CARB reasons..

it actually looks like a tri-Y header.. because the real comptech header isn't 2 pieces?

drevans_satx

Dylan
Can't help with the header, but for $100 I'd drive out there even if it was fake.

You can't even get two shitty eBay headers for $100 lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

XjoEnX

Yup. Obvious fake. Comptech never made a two piece header.

XjoEnX

Yup. Obvious fake. Comptech never made a two piece header.
Also forgot to mention I used to own one and the 1st and 3rd pipes lead into each other and the 2nd and 4th lead into each other before connecting all of it together.

simplels

yeah, i'll ask the seller about it more..

i'm meeting with him this afternoon, he actually has work nearby so he's meeting me closer..

it's definately a tri-Y replica header and one of the better ones i think as it has springs instead of bolts to connect the two pieces..

if it's in good condition.. no cracks on the welds and no dents at the bottom, i'll definitely pick it up!

it just looks a little dirty.. but im sure i can clean it up somehow..

thanks guys!

simplels

i picked them up.. the bottom is dented in.. but i only grabbed them for 80 bucks..

he said they're not leaking, but we'll see.. no cracks.. welds are good..

just need to see if i can fix the dent by heating them up with a torch and an exhaust pipe expander or something..

Last edited: