Radiator in today , Install tomorrow . Few questions , ay ?

JayVee

2Dr Banger
Alright I'll be heading out to pick up some coolant pretty soon . Can anyone address my edited post from above^^ ?
Hope to not run into any problems since this has so far been fairly easy .

JayVee

2Dr Banger
Fckk come on nobody ? -__-

Remember to turn the heater on, full blast, while bleeding the air out of the system. This will allow the thermostat to open up.
Heater / Ac / Blower don't work-__-
Will it cause the car to overheat or no ? Another question , I had my radiator fan on the left and ac fan on the right . I plugged my slim fan into the left plug for the radiator I'm assuming so I'm ruling out the ac fan correct ?

dlo253

Be patient bro, lol..
What's wrong with your heater, just the blower?
Will what cause the car to overheat? If there is still air bubbles in the cooling system then yes.
And yeah. Your AC doesn't even work so an AC fan doesn't do ya much good lol.

Last edited:

goofygamer

I haven't heard of a car overheating just because they don't have the heater on. If you didn't have overheating problems before then you shouldn't have it now.

I don't know much about slim fan. I just thought they were plug n play. Contact the guy you bought it from to see how he installed his.

dopematic

Heater / Ac / Blower don't work-__-
I've got the day off I'll just let it run for awhile until fans kick in .

Edit: Will it cause the car to overheat or no ? Another question , I had my radiator fan on the left and ac fan on the right . I plugged my slim fan into the left plug for the radiator I'm assuming so I'm ruling out the ac fan correct ?
As long as your radiator fans turn on then it shouldn't overheat.

Im not entirely sure what you're saying you did with the ac fan / radiator fan plugs.

If your ac fan doesn't work: Do you have freon in your ac system? when you turn on your ac does it light up? check the connections to your ac fan.

Regardless, if your radiator fan turns on then you should be fine and it shouldn't overheat unless there are other issues.

dopematic

Also, if you're installing a aftermarket slim fan. They should be reversible polarity pusher / puller type fans. Depending on which side of the radiator you install the fans will determine what kind of type you should install it as.

If it's installed like the stock position it should be a puller. When installing it, test the fans out and see which type its blowing. You should be able to feel the fan pulling the air through the radiator. If not, and it's pushing the air towards the front end of the car, then simply switch the wires around.

Vice versa if you're installing the slim fan in front of the radiator like people who do engine bay wire tucks.

dlo253

I haven't heard of a car overheating just because they don't have the heater on. If you didn't have overheating problems before then you shouldn't have it now..
I think he was asking because the heat is supposed to be on full blast to properly bleed the cooling system. If it can't get bled properly, it will overheat. But we don't know why his heater isn't working. If it's just the blower, I wouldn't think it would be a problem.

JayVee

2Dr Banger
Okay yeah thanks guys all done and bled . With the plug and play what I meant was when the oem radiator was installed it had a radiator fan/shroud and a ac fan/shroud left side had a radiator plug for the fan and the right side had a a/c plug for the fan . My question is , the slim fan (mishi) is installed on the right side , but I connected the plug to the left plug for the radiator (so i assume it's plugged for the radiator correct) does this make sense ?

Last edited:

goofygamer

Oh so you mounted your slim fan, where the stock ac fan was, and just plugged the slim fan to the radiator fan plug? You did this so that the slim fan could come on when the radiator needs cooling, instead of hooking it up to the stock ac fan plug?

Lol I actually don't know the answer to this, but I'm trying to clear it up for dopematic so maybe he'll give you an answer.

dlo253

If you plugged it into the radiator fan plug it will act as a radiator fan, no matter where it is mounted.
Not totally sure I get what you are trying to ask, sorta hard to read. lol.

goofygamer

I think you've basically answered his question. Lol I wasn't 100% so I didn't want to answer it

OP, is there a reason why you didn't want to mount the slim fan to the left side of the radiator?

JayVee

2Dr Banger
Oh so you mounted your slim fan, where the stock ac fan was, and just plugged the slim fan to the radiator fan plug? You did this so that the slim fan could come on when the radiator needs cooling, instead of hooking it up to the stock ac fan plug?
Exactly lol . Sorry I was outside rushing in and out here and just getting more frustrated tryna finish install lol .

I think you've basically answered his question. Lol I wasn't 100% so I didn't want to answer it

OP, is there a reason why you didn't want to mount the slim fan to the left side of the radiator?
&yeah so I'm assuming it's connected its just at initial bleeding and car turned on and at op temp fan didn't kick on even though it was connected to the radiator plug . &it was premounted when I bought goofygamer (not brand new) .

I actually sourced another leak lol . My bypass hose was torn at the hose clamp so I had to replace and buy new clamps . Total time install 1hr , total time fcking things up.. about 3-_- .

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

goofygamer

I'm sure you could relocate it to where the stock radiator fan used to be though. Not sure if you want to now after spending so much time haha. It's only where it's at right now because the seller had ac, I think, so he used that fan instead of the stock ac fan. It's relocatable since you don't have ac. So everything is good now?

JayVee

2Dr Banger
I probably could , but for now I'm straight ha . Previous owner had no ac lol , actually used it on the right side to cool the headers . So far yeah tomorrow a drive to work check if fan kicks in . If not ill test the ac plug instead of the radiator plug to see if it kicks on . Previous owner had it setup like that , regardless of ac .

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

dopematic

Yes, if you have the slim fan hooked up to the radiator fan plug but mounted on the ac side it will still act as a radiator fan. Whether or not it cools the radiator is if it on the surface of the radiator; this depending if you have a dual core or a single core radiator. Regardless, if it's not mounted on or above the surface of the radiator, it WILL NOT help with cooling.

The fans should work interchangeably. You can simply just switch the plugs from each fan without remounting each fan unless you want the slim fan as your primary radiator fan.

Also, when you were waiting for the fan to turn on at operating temperatures; did you reinstall the radiator cap? If you didn't then the radiator fan will not turn on.

Assuming you did reinstall the radiator cap after bleeding and waiting for he fan to turn on but it didn't. Then you should re-check the connections between the fan and the plugs. Also, check the fan switch plug ( plug on the thermostat housing). In addition, inspect your radiator cap to see if it's still good. A bad radiator cap will not adequately hold pressure and will not kick up the fans.