Rattling after I installed Megan racinfheaders

Christian

Well im a newbie here, but I recently had a Megan header installed and ever since we started it up there's been a strangle rattle, almost sounds like a tin can bring dragged every time I start the car up and when I change gears going from first to third. Any ideas what it could be? It's a 99 LS

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Sometimes the bolts connecting the header flange to the cat or B pipe are tight but the springs dont have any tension on them and rattle. Check for anything loose like the gaskets or contact with heat shields.

Christian

i was thinking it was maybe the 02 sensor hanging loose, but again im a noobie, I don't think it's the gaskets, because they're on pretty tight as we torqued the bolts on the header pretty good. The 02 sensor bracket also broke, so we zip tied it tight, could that be causing it?

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
I would have said its something loose or a heat shield, but u said it rattles at a range of rpm. My car made rattling noise at idle and 2400 rpm, a specific frequency that emphasizes the rattling. I had a leak in the seal, new gaskets, extra tight, rattling went away.

Sent from my DC4

white4d96

Burning oil like a boss
I had the same issue with an ebay catback. Was a combination of bad gaskets and poor fit, causing the pipe to hit the heat shield and/or the shift linkage.