Rattling in or near the motor

Crazed_B18B1

Is anyone having the same problem as me? My engine rattles when the engine is cold but when it warms up the rattling more of a constant clicking tapping sound goes away. And it sounds like its coming from the head or intake manifold. But when i listen from under the car it sounds like the cat. converters heat shield. Not sure wat it is but i guess im just to lazy to go under the car.

Oh and another problem is there's something wrong with my power locks. they don't work on both sides. I press and lift up and down but it doesn't lock or even worst it doesn't do anything. No noise at all. I thought it was the fuse but the fuse is fine. Not sure if there's power coming to it and thats about all i know. HELP

Last edited:

Baldy201

First off the rattling is most likely your cat heat sheild. Also you power locks just stoped working? or they just have not worked since you got the car? Kinda sounds like a loose wire to me. idk if any one else has any ideas about these problems

Crazed_B18B1

Baldy201 said:
First off the rattling is most likely your cat heat sheild. Also you power locks just stoped working? or they just have not worked since you got the car? Kinda sounds like a loose wire to me. idk if any one else has any ideas about these problems
They havent work since i got it. The first owner doesn't know wats wrong with it and never got it fixed. So how would I fix this? Could it be the power lock motor?

Baldy201

you could use a volt meter and make sure that the switch is getting power, and if it is getting power then make sure it is coming out the other side. If both of them check out then you have a problem with the motors, Most likely it will be the swich or not getting power.