Removing stuck oil filter

yunwawa

I learned this from a fellow mexican but the easiest way to get it off is to use a tire tube. It's strong, cheap and not to mention it works like those easy grip containers. I didn't think it would worl at first but I was in shock when it just popped off.

Ghettokracker71

LS/Vturd
Man,...after managing this quicklube for a while,...fuck toyotas,...ALL toyotas. Worst filter placement EVAR and the OEM toyota ones are usually one WAYYYYY to tight

Ghettokracker71

LS/Vturd
Agreed,...lol,...But really,fuck toyota,..I had like 4 in a row yesterday,..Tundra,and camrys,...took us like 30 minutes to get this goddamn filter off a v6 camry b/c its directly under the exhaust mani,but the rad is right there so you cant really fit your hand in there (mechanix gloves ftw)

Ghettokracker71

LS/Vturd
Dunno,...usually Im not brought out the office unless they REALLY cant get it /find it (usually toyotas,LOL)

I just think cavs/sunfires are shitty anyway lol

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Why is this thread still going?

You can just clamp on to the damn thing with a big pair of channel locks. Who cares if you crush it.......you're throwing it away anyhow

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
cavaliers are hell....there is literally not enough hand for your hand to get the filter on the back of the engine. they make toyotas look like they take 3 minutes. which for me i guess they do...anything with a skip plate is gay as aids

heykosal

Angkorian
Damn so i changed my oil today, was a PITA to get the filter off. Even ran to the auto store to buy one of those grip things

Thing didnt work for shit, like i expected. I have a band wrench that i cant get up into the engine bay with. Maybe im just dumb.
I eventually got the filter off, but it took nothing but brute gripping and turning strength!! WTF!!