Rollingrock's 95 GSR

rollingrock

Rollingrock
Hey ClubIntegra,
Been using this forum since I got my 1995 Integra GSR back in July 2013. I thought I would start to post a build thread. I have been win the mobile electronics game for 16 years (Car stereos, alarms, speakers). I I finally got a teggy to play with. History of the car is when I picked it up 100% factory at 269k miles. Engine was rebuilt by a acura mechanic buy I am planning to rebuild and restore it. I have a long way to go. Since July I have completed the following:

Parts added:
Tanabe Medalion Touring Catback
Invidia Test pipe
Password JDM Intake
Nology spark plug wires
Mishimoto Xline half radiator (planning for turbo)
Mishimoto Fan
Mishimoto silicone hoses
Mishimoto fan switch and thermostat

Work so far I have completed:
Total A/C removal ( hoses, compressor, evap.)
Tint Removal ( Pain in the A**)
Pulled old alarm reinstalled a better one
Engine Bay cleaning--Still ongoing
Replaced cooling system to half radiator
Added GM Syncromesh to transmission.

rollingrock

Rollingrock
By the time I took these photos I already have installed the Password JDM Carbon fiber air filter ( By the way it comes with a cheap blue filter now instead of a red one. I have a K&N filter on the way). Nology wires, tune up completed, interior pulled and cleaned, Tanabe exhaust installed. A cheap a** Black widow alarm was installed already so I pulled that, rewired, and installed a Viper 2-way. The Black Widow alarm probably would have made it easier to steal the way it was installed.

rollingrock

Rollingrock
Here is all of my cooling parts I installed on my vacation. I am planning to go turbo so I decided to go ahead and instal a half radiator. The install was pretty easy I did move both of the lower radiator brackets more to the passenger side. For the Upper radiator bracket I was going to top mount it but I didn't like the look so I measured it out and drilled a hole and bottem mounted it. It doesnt stand out as much and tucked up the Radiator stay bar.

rollingrock

Rollingrock
While I had the car apart I wanted to clean off 18 years of oil, dirt. I have used 3 cans of Gunk Heavy duty engine claner so far. I am using an old tooth brush, shop towels to wipe away after scubbing, and alot of beer. Here is what you get. I will try and give better before and after photos in the future. I havent finished where the compressor was but you get an idea of what is was like.

rollingrock

Rollingrock
Been working alot and saving up for parts and transmission work. I have finished pulling ou tthe AC and put in the replacement evaporator box (79810-SR3-A01). I have started to do a wiring tuck but I am going a different direction than most. I decided not to pull the wires through the drivers door boot. I want to leave everything still easy to access.The gray loomed set of wire I retro fitted the bracket so it comes across and down not up and over. The set of 3 wire connectors I modified and relocated with the factory mount down below the clutch plate. I noticed a groment in the inner fender by the rubber groment coming from the cabin. Nothing was in it so I drilled out the rubber gasket and ran the wiring through that and along the fender.

Here I relocated the ground in the fender and tucked everything up using factory bolts. I did have to file the bolts down on a grinder so they would come through the engine compartment. But I did not have to drill any new holes in order to do any of this.

I am currently working on making a plastic cover that will cover that location and wrap it in carbon fiber. Here is my tempt plate

rollingrock

Rollingrock
Since my last post I have installed Hasport left, right and rear engine mounts. All of the factory mounts were shot after installing car was alot smoother on idle. The rear mount is a nightmare to get in. I have also added 3 piont tower bar from password JDM. I also got rid of the cheap ass air filter that came with the whale penis. I installed a Aem uego air/fuel meter. I will get pictures of how installed the sensor to my test pipe and how I ran it into the car. I just go my new lower mounts I wanted to keep some what of a smooth ride so I went with OEM Type R ones. Some have said that the type R's mounts are a little stiffer. http://[URL=http://s885.photobucket.com/user/roryrobb/media/20140505_224354_zpsbd16221f.jpg.html][/URL]

rollingrock

Rollingrock
Just finished pulling Transmission will be sending to Synchrotech to be rebuilt. I have just started the wiring tuck on the passenger side. Just completed pulling ABS system out. Working also on pulling out all electrical for it.

[/URL][/IMG]