rough idle????

Liljmart13

Jacob
noob here. car wont idle smooth, goes from too high to about to die but will never actually cut out. just shakes the whole car. where do i start?

sylvaner01

did you alter the intake? did you chuck a pod filter in it or have you left it stock..?
If you messed around with the intake try reverting back to stock and checking if the problem goes away.

vonnyvegas

Finger Tapping With Fury!
more info!

Well yeah definately need a lil more info like the others say. Is it missing or not idling right? how often does it occur? cold or hot out? did the problem come outta no where or slowly but surely get worse? More than likely I agree you could definately have a vacuum leak, spark plugs or wires could be needing some love and attention or even (but not very likely) fault in the fuel injection or engine control system. I've seen people take off their Idle Air Control Valve and clean it out fixing an idle problem (could randomly get stuck open or closed causing random poor idle conditions) WE NEED TO KNOW MORE!!!! hahahaha

Liljmart13

Jacob
its had this problem sence i bought it, when its cold or when i run it HARD and let her come back to idle id when she'll start doing it. its the idle not a miss, it just starts to die then goes back to higher than normal idle. then out of nowhere it will idle fine. it has an injen intake on it too.

cted

My Chevrolet be bangin'
the IACV is right behind your intake manifold. u should try cleaning that and also i would suggest cleaning your throttle body.

emaxacu

I have a serious issue with my 1990 Integra. I had the rear brake pads replaced yesterday at Pep boys, because I just can't do it myself, I have a weak left arm. SO, they had it for two hours, i went in to pick it up, and the guy told me, the mechanic that when he test drove it he noticed a really rough idle. I said yes I am aware of that, it is a little rough and sometimes fluctuates. So just curious I asked what he thinks it could be, he mentioned, maybe the icv or a vacuum leak. I didn't think much of it. But I come to start it and the thing is screaming high rpm at around 1500. And there was a loud tapping clicking noise from the left side, driver side of the engine.

I was in shock, the service guy I talked to just happened to be there and I said to him, this is not normal, he said oh yeah, it's just what I was telling you, you might have a icv that is messed up, or the coolant is low. But it was late, I had no choice, I had to take it home for the night. I have been reading and researching the problem, it does point to a possible vacuum leak or icv. Is that easy to fix, how is the best way to approach this issue. Now it is also surging, and at stop lights it's surging, very rough and not happy, from 800 to 1200 rpm, it really has me worried, these issues I am not very familiar with.

MonstrDrop

I had a similar problem, changed sparkplugs, cleaned pcv, iacv and fitv. Now it runs like a champ :)
I did have a misfire tho